My 250 Gal. side box build.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Interesting that the guage closest to the FB reads lower than the guage further away..  I like your air baffle, that is possibly what is diverting the heat away from the first therm.. 

Good stuff! 

Reactions: shannonc
I thought that was kinda strange also. But it runs like I was hoping when I was designing it.
Here's some pics of it finished and painted. Let me know what y'all think.
GALLERY]

Last edited:
I thought that was kinda strange also. But it runs like I was hoping when I was designing it.
Here's some pics of it finished and painted. Let me know what y'all think.
[IMG][GALLERY="media, 523432"][/GALLERY][/quote]
Ya want to know what I think???????

Awesome.  

Reactions: shannonc
Big thanks guys. I wasn't sure how it would turn out since I haven't welded this much in 16 years. I guess its like riding a bicycle.lol.

​I hear ya about it being hot as hell. It gets pretty hot here in the summers. I didn't really insulate it. I just put fire brick on the floor and 1 brick up around the sides. Id like to see how it runs when its a lot cooler outside but that'll have to wait till October.

I think my main point is to minimize heat loss. I've got another 250 that I'm going to cut and "bend" to fit it inside the other so it's double thick. Weight is the new problem...

Finally got my first cook done on it for Easter. Pork steaks,leg quarters,and sausage. Once I got the heat in it It held 250 consistently. Runs real good as far as wood consumption and recovery time was excellent.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/content/type/61/id/525915/width/200/height/400[/IMG
[GALLERY="media, 525916"][/GALLERY]

Reactions: johnmeyer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky