My 2011 Garden, so far......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flash

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 30, 2007
Chiefland/Cedar Key, Fl
Been doing fairly well, but worried about late freezes got me a little behind. Also I chanced some vegetables that probably would have lasted longer during cooler weather.

2008f1b8_Garden20155.jpg

83c55729_Garden0154.jpg

Sugar Snap Peas, several types of onions, Pablano, Sweet and Hot Banana Peppers, Turnips, Cukes, Broccoli (probably won't make it) and several types of tomatoes.

The lettuce we have is starting to bolt. Funny 37º last night and by this weekend, 90º for the high
30.gif

3b10fb80_RedPotatoes0150.jpg

My first try at Red Potatoes in a 55 gallon drum. Got some info from Squirrel on doing it this way.

8460a1b8_Tomatoes0156.jpg

This was a potted winter Cherry tomato, since transplanted to the ground. Doing pretty well and busting with fruits.

bd2275f8_Peaches0151.jpg

And for only the 2nd time in 4 years, we have PEACHES. We have been hit with some late freezes that have killed off all the blooms. This year we got lucky.

Looks really great!  It's amazing what a few hundred miles can do.  I wish I had a garden that far along.  I'm just now thinking about getting stuff in the ground.  Indiana weather is always crazy in the spring, though.

Good luck!!

Looks really great!  It's amazing what a few hundred miles can do.  I wish I had a garden that far along.  I'm just now thinking about getting stuff in the ground.  Indiana weather is always crazy in the spring, though.

Good luck!!

True, but we will get so hot soon that not much will grow. Our Spring just doesn't last long enough.
31.gif

Looks good..

We got here a little late to get one started...

Big one coming tho..

Gonna have to get the well working..sure cant pay for city water to water the garden.

Craig

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky