MWS 340 B Pellet Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nutshell

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 9, 2018
Guys,

I have a chance to buy a pretty much brand new MWS pellet smoker. I have an MES 40 B now and really like it. I've heard good things about pellet smokers and have been doing as much research as I can. What are the pro's of a pellet smoker (not grill) over an electric.

Thanks guys!

electric smoker hmmm this is not the truth my opinion... electric is like having the things that turn red in oven that creates heat and you add wood chips/pellets to a pan to get smoke flavor vs the pellets giving you heat and smoke I for one would definitely lean toward the pellet smoker even though theoretically they may seem the same being that what heats up pellets is a heat probe similar to thats what is in oven... exhale Pit Boss nation!

Reactions: Nutshell
I have both an electric (Smokin' It) and a pellet smoker (Louisiana Grills Champion Competition). I like them both and use them for different things, but if I had to choose one over the other I would pick the pellet smoker. Both can give you the "set it and forget it" nirvana that many look for. The pellet smoker will give you a smoke ring (if that is important to you) that the electric can't. As long as you're cooking low and slow (225 ish) the pellet can give you great smoke flavor, however as you increase the cook temp you get less and less smoke.

One drawback to the pellet is the cost of fuel. Pellets are more expensive than electricity, but not prohibitively so. Should you choose the pellet, I would make sure you get some quality pellets to use.

Reactions: Nutshell
Thanks guys. I guess having 2 smokers has its advantages. How long till I want a stick burner??

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky