Mustard Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokey steve

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
douglas,georgia
This is the sauce that my family cant get enough of. Here goes
Part 1:
1 cp yellow mustard
1/2 cp sugar
1/4 cp packed brown sugar
1/4 cp water
3/4 cp apple cider vinegar
2 tbl chili powder
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne
Part 2:
2 tbl butter
1 tbl soy sauce
1 tbl liquid smoke

Simmer Part 1 for 30 min, add Part 2, continue simmering for 10 to 15 more min let cool and refridgerate for at least 24 hours.
Goes great on pulled pork sammiches,sometimes I add a little saracha for heat, and dont forget the slaw!!!

This one looks really good. I just saved it to my recipe file and may give it a try this weekend! Thanks!

Cheers,
Brian

Just what I was lookin' for. Thanks! I'm doing ribs tomorrow, now I have a sauce! I'll let y'all know it turns out...

I came here looking for what I would call a sweet, tangy south Georgia mustard sauce, and this looks like it might be just what I'm looking for.

Tell me, is this what you would call sweet? The sauce I'm trying to emulate would also be kind of a translucent orange in color. How about this one?

Are you familiar w/ Jack Miller's BBQ sauce?

A bump is a post that moves the thread back to the top of the forum. Also, it shows that you posted (like a tag), so you can find the thread again when you search for your topics.

Hey guys, I would say that it has the color you are lookin for and its more sweet than tangy. Also this isnt a Georgia sauce it is more of a Carolina style I just happen to live in Georgia. Anyhoo you wont be disapointed with it TRUST ME

Hey everybody,

I tried Steve's sauce recipe last night, and all I can say is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is some kinda sauce. It's kinda like what 57 sauce would like to be when it grows up. We didn't have any liq smoke, so I left it out, but I can imagine what it would be like w/ that added dimension. We only made a half recipe to try, and wish we'd made a double. THIS IS A MUST TRY SAUCE.

We used it as a glaze sauce on direct/indirect cut up chicken, and I believe it was as good as or better than anything I've ever had.

Thumb's up for Steve

Hey Cheech, I use it for a glaze with ribs and chicken and use it as a sauce for briskett and pork, but you can pretty much do whatever you want with it.

We've used it as a brush on glaze and as a dipping sauce. If you make some, you'll have no problem figuring out what to do w/ it from there. Let us know if you come up w/ anything in the way of new and different uses for it.
Tim

Hey Ya'll

I am glad to see that everybody seems to be enjoying the sauce :D , I love it too. Got plenty in the freezer to go with some jerky for stocking stuffers come christmas time
wink.gif

Happy Holidays

Steve

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky