Mushrooms

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
There are some people selling mushrooms and mushroom grow bags at our farmers market. There are selling blue oyster mushrooms which I never heard of. They $8 lb. Anyone know anything about these? They also have shiitake, Lion's Mane and Chestnut. Would like to get some but not sure what to do with them?

168034389_211393697443316_5125112150487923935_n.jpg

Brian I don't know a lot about those other than the shiitake which I grew some of for a couple years. You might want to do a little research you can grow your own shiitakes they aren't hard to grow. One of the Extension Agents in our local Extension Office used to hold a class every year on how to grow them and a hands on session on how to plug the logs and seal the plugs and I helped him with it several years. He moved out of the area and I haven't heard about a class since.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky