Mushroom Swiss Onion Smashburgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 28, 2018
Green Bay, WI
Good day all. I was wondering what to make for dinner when the wife pointed out that we had burger buns, mushrooms, and thawed burger in the fridge. So my brain started turning and I thought, hey!, Mushroom Swiss onion smashburgers. I made a mushroom gravy. (Recipe at end of post) I made 3 oz burger balls for the burgers. Sliced some onions wafer thin and set out to the Blackstone griddle. Here is my finished product. These were stone cold delicious. I had to stop myself from eating two.

Mushroom Swiss Onion Smashburger.jpg

Mushroom Gravy:

8 oz mushrooms - chopped into small pieces
7 T butter
1/3 c Flour
1 c Chicken broth
1 c Beef broth
2 T Ketchup
1 T Worcestershire Sauce
Garlic powder
Black Pepper

Using 5 T of the butter and the flour, make a roux. Sautee the mushrooms in the remaining 2 T of butter; add garlic and black pepper to taste. Whisk beef and chicken broth into the roux then add mushrooms, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Stir on heat until thickened. This gravy will be quite thick as it needs to hang onto the burger. Enjoy.

JC :emoji_cat:

Looks like you took smash burgers to a new level!
As you know I am a mushroom gravy freak and that looks amazing!
Nicely done!
Al

• Love
Reactions: JC in GB
Man you stopped yourself from eating two!?!?!? Good Lord I'd eat two and lick that gravy out the pot!!! Mighty fine burgers.

Jim

• Haha
Looks fantastic! Funny, back when I saw the OK burgers I thought this exactly only difference was no buns (so I could call it keto and eat 2) LOL

• Haha
Looks great. I cheat on the mushroom slicing, I have 1 of the wire egg slicers, it works very well and can go through a bunch in a short time all the perfect thickness.

Man that looks good!! Don't know how you kept it all on the bun, but I'd have happily licked the plate clean of any that fell off if I had that in front of me. Very nice!!

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky