MUSHROOM SWISS BURGER

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
I ordered some new rubs the other day and one of them was the hard core carnivore black. I baught this mainly to use on steaks but the bottle kept staring at me.....i had to try it on something just so I could see how it tasted.

Burgers it is.

Here is the rub
0713201954.jpg

Started with two half lb pattys seasoned with the black. Then onto the grill .
0713202047.jpg

Off the grill ....smells awsome!
0713202144_HDR.jpg

Made a mushroom sauce by cooking down some sliced shrooms then adding some French onion soup to them
0713202048a_HDR.jpg

Build the burgers...lots of Swiss and the mushrooms.
0713202151_HDR.jpg
0713202152.jpg

Then into the steamer just long enough to melt the cheese!
0713202159g.jpg

And of coarse you have to see the cut shot...perfect medium all the way through.
0713202221.jpg

This was a great burger! The carnavore black has a great taste to it. I wouldnt use it on burgers again but I can see this is going to make for some great steaks!

Thanks for looking!

That burger is F'ing perfect man! Love the mushroom swiss and don't think you could have nailed the doneness any better. Big LIKE buddy! Looks like you are trying to top that 1 lb heart attack burger you made a few weeks ago!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Nice looking burger Travis. Perfectly cooked. I haven't used the gunpowder on anything but steaks. Glad you liked it though

Wow Travis! Anytime I hear burger king...I'm gonna think of you! You been putting out some awesome burgers lately.

Nicely done again!
Ryan

Damn Travis! They look excellent!
Thanks Steve!
That burger is F'ing perfect man! Love the mushroom swiss and don't think you could have nailed the doneness any better. Big LIKE buddy! Looks like you are trying to top that 1 lb heart attack burger you made a few weeks ago!
Thanks! Lol yea this one was not neer as big as the heart attack one! But it sure was tasty! I guess I have a thing for big burgers! Lol!
Nice looking burger Travis. Perfectly cooked. I haven't used the gunpowder on anything but steaks. Glad you liked it though
Thanks Jake! I was not planing on using it on a burger but I had to try it on something. Its definitely a keeper in my book!
Wow Travis! Anytime I hear burger king...I'm gonna think of you! You been putting out some awesome burgers lately.

Nicely done again!
Ryan
Thanks Ryan! I do like making burgers. Quick and easy week night meals and about a million ways to do them!

Great burger, and done just as I like them. Good idea adding the French onion soup to the shrooms--gonna have to try that.
Gary
Thanks Gary ! I usualy cook the mushrooms down until most of the moisture comes out of them. Then add the can of Campbell's French onion soup. Let it simmer until you get the consistency you want. Really easy and really tasty. I add some cracked black pepper too. 16oz of sliced mushrooms is perfect for one can of the soup.

that's one great looking burger Travis, going to have to try your mushroom sauce!
Thanks Jim ! Yea give it a shot. Easy to make and goes good on top of grilled burgers, steaks, chicken, mashed potatoes.......and a good base to add some pulled beef from a smoked chuckie. Then use that to top some homemade egg noodles......pretty much good on everything lol

Reactions: smokerjim
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky