MUSHROOM JACK FATTIE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm not a fan of schrooms, but that fattie look great. Nicely done

Point for sure
Chris

Man that a good looking fat tie, have not done one of those in a while.
dannylang
Thanks! I hadn't done one in a while before this one. I keep trying to think of how to do a breakfast one. That will be the next one i do

Your bacon weave skill are killer I just looked down and saw the massive wood I've been splitting. To smoke with.

Awesome job guy

That fattie looks great. I'm like many others and haven't tried one yet but need to! Loved the filling. Only thing is I would need to have my wife do the stuffing... I can't hardly fill a soft shelled tortilla and be able to get it wrapped up

Ryan

That fattie looks great. I'm like many others and haven't tried one yet but need to! Loved the filling. Only thing is I would need to have my wife do the stuffing... I can't hardly fill a soft shelled tortilla and be able to get it wrapped up

Ryan
Lol! Well ill tell you it was not easy getting all that stuffed in there! Try it out you wont be disappointed!

Nice work. The peppers look amazing. How long did you smoke it and at what temp?
I usually do them around 225° and once the internal temp reaches 160 I pull them off and let them rest a while before slicing. They all end up beeing different times depending on how much stuff is in them or how big they are. You can play around with you temp also to get the bacon the way you like.

I usually do them around 225° and once the internal temp reaches 160 I pull them off and let them rest a while before slicing. They all end up beeing different times depending on how much stuff is in them or how big they are. You can play around with you temp also to get the bacon the way you like.
Perfect. Thanks! This is on the Super Bowl menu at my house this year!

Reactions: Sowsage
Made my version of @Sowsage’s Mushroom Jack Fatty. It turned out good.

Only problem is that it got more smoke than I would like (hopefully you can see the black spots and dark color). I’m using a cheap offset smoker and burning hickory splits the whole time. Already making sure to get plenty of air flow to keep the fire burning clean. Does anyone know any stick burner tricks to do a full cook with wood but control the smoke flavor?

Attachments

• 8BD8658E-7CD7-43D0-AFB6-01AEDDA81E7B.jpeg
    8BD8658E-7CD7-43D0-AFB6-01AEDDA81E7B.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 6FFF5674-9F09-42FD-BEAE-5AFD86797D78.jpeg
    6FFF5674-9F09-42FD-BEAE-5AFD86797D78.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 21B495D3-ECF6-473C-A4BE-A0A9F143662F.jpeg
    21B495D3-ECF6-473C-A4BE-A0A9F143662F.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Sowsage
Made my version of @Sowsage’s Mushroom Jack Fatty. It turned out good.

Only problem is that it got more smoke than I would like (hopefully you can see the black spots and dark color). I’m using a cheap offset smoker and burning hickory splits the whole time. Already making sure to get plenty of air flow to keep the fire burning clean. Does anyone know any stick burner tricks to do a full cook with wood but control the smoke flavor?
Man that looks real good! Nice job! Wish I could help on the stick burner but ive never smoked with one.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky