Mulberry

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

suprfast

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Is it okay to use mulberry for smoking food? My buddy has a tree he is about to cut down, and i want to know if i should score some free wood.
kris

nevermind, i learned to use the search button and found that it reminds people of apple.

Now, do i have to age it or can i use it now? He cut it down one week ago
kris

so to season do i just let it sit there for 6 months? what is preburn
kris

Mulberry is good. Take all you can get. Nice score!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I use it all the time. It has a different look when its done and ashes, kinda white powdery,gotta watch it if its windy, it can (the ashes) float around a bit.It dries pretty quick too if you can keep it out of the rain/snow.

Thanks for all the advise guys. Im going to take a look at the links smoking365 sent(thanks for the links) to educate myself more. I also just found out my wifes grandmother has a grapefruit and lemon tree. looks like ill be doing some pruning.
kris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky