Mr. Yoshida's jerky.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Morning folks,
I'll start by saying I'm not the only enabler here! Another member(s) got to talking about this marinade.

IMG_20230121_050020608.jpg

And. Me being, well. Me. Had to get a couple bottles of it!
Over the weekend I took out some thick London broils. And got them defrosted. And cut across the
Grain at roughly 1/4"thick

IMG_20230120_161549152_HDR.jpg

Curing with a bottle of marinade. One cup of water to thin out the marinade.
And cure.

IMG_20230121_050044594.jpg

Soaked for 24 hours. Then into the dehydrator.

GOPR0093.JPG

Went 7 hours at 167 degrees.

P1210196.JPG

Came out really good. My jerky is usually the standard affair that gives a hint of salt. This has more of a sweeter side. With a not overpowering teriyaki flavor. I'll be making this again.

That’s some great looking jerky Steve! I never had the Yoshida’s, i’ll have to give it a try.

Some fine looking jerky buddy. Looks like we were once again on the same wavelength. I made a great big batch of jerky over the weekend also.
I'll start by saying I'm not the only enabler here!
Maybe not the only one, just the one we like picking on the most :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Morning folks,
I'll start by saying I'm not the only enabler here! Another member(s) got to talking about this marinade.

View attachment 655671

And. Me being, well. Me. Had to get a couple bottles of it!
Over the weekend I took out some thick London broils. And got them defrosted. And cut across the
Grain at roughly 1/4"thick

View attachment 655672

Curing with a bottle of marinade. One cup of water to thin out the marinade.
And cure.

View attachment 655673

Soaked for 24 hours. Then into the dehydrator.

View attachment 655674

Went 7 hours at 167 degrees.

View attachment 655675

Came out really good. My jerky is usually the standard affair that gives a hint of salt. This has more of a sweeter side. With a not overpowering teriyaki flavor. I'll be making this again.
Looks good, I’d give a try but I’ll be damned if i can make whole muscle jerky that’s not like chewing rubber.

That’s some great looking jerky Steve! I never had the Yoshida’s, i’ll have to give it a try.
Thanks Joe!

Looks excellent Steve. We've been using that Yoshida's marinade for a few years. sawhorseray sawhorseray originally turned me on to it and we love it.
Thanks Mike!

Some fine looking jerky buddy. Looks like we were once again on the same wavelength. I made a great big batch of jerky over the weekend also.

Maybe not the only one, just the one we like picking on the most :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Lol! Thanks bud!

Looks good, I’d give a try but I’ll be damned if i can make whole muscle jerky that’s not like chewing rubber.
Thank you! I've had "those" batches before as well. With the high sugar content is this marinade. A few pieces once when co0oled. And sat for awhile became pretty darn hard!

Looks like your enjoying that new jerky maker, and the results look fabulous Steve.

Point for sure
Chris

Nice Steve, I have been buying that marinaide in a huge bottle at Costco for years. I even had a bottle sent to @chef jimmyj and he offered some twists that could be added to it"

"Yoshida's is a basic Japanese Teriyaki. For a Chinese twist, Garlic, Ginger, Scallion, and Sesame Oil, all work. Add an 1/2 part Hoisin Sauce, a little Ketchup and a pinch of Five Spice for BBQ Ribs or CSRs.
Some Fish Sauce, Lime Juice and Sriracha would give a Thai flavor.
Gochujang Chile Paste and Sesame Oil for a Korean flavor."

Nice job Steve,
Funny, that I rarely do much with beef but this last week I finished making some Yoshida based eye of round jerky, using my dehydrator as well. Yumm. Got enough to last me thru a few fishing trips as snacks.

Nice looking batch of jerky Steve! I stopped making the stuff a few years back, too much chew for my teeth. Been using Yoshida's for years, big bottles from Sam's and Costco, great for stir-fry, try marinating a boneless ribeye steak in a Ziploc for a couple of days, works! RAY

Nice looking batch of jerky Steve! I stopped making the stuff a few years back, too much chew for my teeth. Been using Yoshida's for years, big bottles from Sam's and Costco, great for stir-fry, try marinating a boneless ribeye steak in a Ziploc for a couple of days, works! RAY
yes, I use it to marinate steaks all the time. I also use it with some oil to saute onions and peppers on the flat top....smells soooo good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky