More Meyer Lemons

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Indaswamp’s recent thread on Meyer lemon pie got me going. Though we have two Meyer bushes that produce a fair amount of lemons, nothing compares to our next door neighbor’s monster Meyer tree.
1BD103DB-F0F6-4F9F-BB1F-FF965A18CA32.jpeg

After helping the cause by picking 60 of them, I zested and then juiced ‘em. Zest is mainly for my Albacore Tuna brine, plus lemon deserts such as lemon bars, etc. Since I still have lots of lemon juice in the freezer from previous pickings, these two jugs are going to a friend who uses it to help make different jellys.
EA30E2B8-C809-46FB-BDC8-094669DABB98.jpeg

F7627F84-306F-4777-A7EC-F22BB21A29F6.jpeg

Last edited:
Man that thing is heavy with fruit. Your a good neighbor to help keep it picked.
Jim

I love Meyer lemons, plan to put a tree in soon. Last house had one. I could drink the juice without water or sugar.

My Meyers lemon tree looks pathetic compared to that, but because it has that citrus greening & will probably die in the next couple of years, I don’t want to cut it down yet, since it’s still producing a few lemons. And if nothing else they are still good for zest!
Al

Thanks all. Tomorrow I'll be harvesting another 50+ lemons and then again next week. With the tree leaning that much, we can't let it sit that loaded during the rainy season.

Oh and that pic of the zest was just half of the zest I yielded that day.

Very Nice.

We have two smaller Meyer lemon trees along with a Bearrs lime, Moro blood Orange and two Calamanci trees. We can't keep up and end up giving most of the citrus away.

I do love adding slices of the blood orange into my ice tea when they are ripe.

65 more just picked and the tree shows no relief still. Oh well, tomorrow’s another day
E3EC90DC-7040-4DB1-8358-C6431D733B1E.jpeg

meyer Lemon bars going to the tree’s owners as a thanks
3A15154C-3B93-42A6-9412-29DC44340E2F.jpeg

Gin Daisy? I can sip them all night long.
Lemon is my favorite citrus but couldn't handle that quantity.
Wow someone not from the midwest that calls them "bars".
When I lived in Seattle, I would bring in my homemade "bars" to share with co-workers. I couldn't answer them where the term originated. Just said a midwest thing.
Used to love lemon bars, but after Covid I am not a sweet fan due to the custard filling.
Bars need lemon not only in the custard but also a lemon infused glaze. Really a chart topper.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky