More eye of round for deli style beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
The eye of round I posted last week was destroyed within a week between myself and family / friends. Hard to beat a a sandwich with stack of the beef , shredded lettuce, tomato, Swiss or butter cheese and Bertmans Horseradish sauce. With a price of $3.49 / lbs I can fill my belly , some freezer stock and more friends and family bellies. Here are three nice ones from GFS.
D626CFB9-6E5C-4C3D-BA78-2094DDFC681D.jpeg
Trimmed, injected with a mix of about 2/3 Minors beef broth, 1/3 Rib Rack sugar free garlic and herb marinade and a splashy of tamari and Worcestershire. Rubbed first with a light layer of Dos Pendejos Smokin It and then a light layer of their Mooey Especial. I won a case of rubs off them and although I rarely buy rubs love them. Especially love the Smokin It which is pretty basic SPOG type rub but the salt is mesquite smoked.
E1A1664E-1748-4B05-AFF5-E1A1BFCEC1A4.jpeg
Into the Lang running around 250 for a couple hours then up to 275 until time to pull. Smoked with a mix of apple, pear and cherry as I have a ton of that.
04E99EDF-5058-4D15-A51B-148A37070949.jpeg
Pulled when the two bigger ones were 125F and the smaller 130F. Onto the board for a rest
D6F3B2C5-6488-4F55-9304-D9E515992BF3.jpeg
Cut shot of one here. Still a bit more done than I wanted but extremely juicy and flavorful. Going to pull next time around 120 for mine. Most the rest of my family loves it right where these finished just pink. Letting that board juice mix with some peppers for a quick nibble
C8A6EA30-B317-4F4F-A2A8-65FF2A8C2364.jpeg
I smoked a small pan of the leftover injection mix under the beef. Will make some crazy good French dips with it. Shaved a little by hand ,dipped it and passed to severalneighbors to sample. It was loved lol. Thanks for looking.

Good looking beef there man. What's your go to keto roll to use as a vessel for this?
I really love the Lewis line of keto breads. Purists will call it “dirty keto” but at 0-1 net carb per slice they are good by me. Aunt Millies is also very good. Both far better than Sola.

Reactions: Ringer
Man that looks goof Jeff. Love a good roast beef sandwich and yours sound fantastic. For me it's always (for some unknown reason) been hot open-faced with gravy. I don't have any EOR in the freezer but I do have a really nice top round roast that would be really good. Hmmmm.....

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky