More cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Carvendive

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 15, 2018
NE Wisconsin
We were on a ride the other day and went past the DuPont cheese factory (a small town favorite here in N Wisc). Picked up some fresh Colby and some Gouda. Then I spotted a must try, sharp cheddar and Nuskies bacon. Nuskies is a specialty smoke shop which makes some awesome maple and apple smoked bacon. Well, today it warmed up enough so I smoked it all up with apple dust. I can't wait to slice into it.

The only Mars cheese castle I've seen was at the Wisconsin Illinois border. If that's your reference then, sadly no. Northern Wisconsin has many SPECIALITY cheese manufacturers that have low prices and have spectacular Cheese factories (Just my opinion). Then go up to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for some Italian cheese's and salami. OMG!!! Asiago cheese, Cudigi and Supressa sausage TOO DIE FOR!

OMG! More cheese... My wife discovered that she loved smoked Blue cheese. She picked up two more blocks and asked me to smoke them. She also LOVED the Velveeta. Another brick of that is going to be included. If I'm going to do another batch I'm going to make sure it'll be my last for the season. I'm getting another 20# to fill the smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky