Moose serving techniques

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

christophcbv

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Hey,

I am in the midst of smoking some moose and need help with something...  I should be done it around 2pm, will have a couple sauces prepared as well, but how should I serve it and reheat it so that it doesn't dry out or became too tough or anything along those lines?

My original thought was to cook it to medium (160 ish deg IT), slice it, place in an aluminum tin, covered with tin foil, travel to where the Superbowl party is and then stick it in the oven to get it warm again.  The smoke is currently going well.  Any ideas would be much appreciated... 

Just had a thought as well - what about wrapping them in tin foil and bringing them like that and then cutting and putting the sauce on.  As you can see, I'm bouncing around from idea to idea...

Thanks in advance.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky