Momma's pre birthday dinner.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigfurmn

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 25, 2016
Farmington, MN
Her birthday is tomorrow and have plans with my cousin and his hl family for dinner so thought I'd have something half butt decent tonight. Had to go to Sam's for cat food anyways and over payed for "prime" ribeye. That's fine, it's her favorite. A couple baked potatoes and a couple steaks. A little well done for me but just how she likes it (yeah I know, save the comments).
20230426_194158.jpg
20230426_202049.jpg

Looks delicious. Keep momma happy, if not you know what they say. But how could she not be happy with that hot mess? Nice work.

I'd be happy with that plate! Nicely done! Even what you did would be too rare for my bride, so I can relate. Gotta keep 'em happy.

Reactions: bigfurmn
Nice cook. Our anniversary was yesterday.
My wife prefers no red, so we compromise with no red. I watch the cook so it still comes out very juicy and flavorful.
I weaned us off rib-eye and went to strip (top) loin. Very good beef flavor and a few $ less. Don't need prime as top loin is very tender

Reactions: GaryHibbert
I'm thinking that plate looks pretty darned fine, I love rare but don't get snooty about medium-rare, gotta flexible! Nice work! RAY

Made to order, I'm on the opposite end. My wife likes her steaks rare as rare can be. Almost to the point of still having the nerves twitching. Food looks real good from here.

Point for sure
Chris

Nice cook. Our anniversary was yesterday.
My wife prefers no red, so we compromise with no red. I watch the cook so it still comes out very juicy and flavorful.
I weaned us off rib-eye and went to strip (top) loin. Very good beef flavor and a few $ less. Don't need prime as top loin is very tender
Strip loin has always been my choice, too.
Gary

That dinner looks top-notch to me. Besides, the job of the cook is to please the eaters! Especially a birthday girl! Sounds like you did that! Good job! - Kim

Reactions: bigfurmn
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky