Mojo split ck boobs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Motorboat40

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 5, 2020
Crozet, VA
Rubbed with Island Joe's MOJO seasoning about 30 min before putting in the smoker. Using cherry and maple wood for the smoke 50/50 mixture. I usually cook chicken just like pork low and slow but Ive heard from lots of people on here that you don't have to do that with chicken to have it turn out tasting great with the smoke taste in the meat. So I'm trying something new to me smoking around 275 to 300deg. Hope to be enjoying in about 1 1/2 hrs instead of 3 hours.
20200307_175059.jpg
20200307_174645.jpg 20200307_174640.jpg
I'm thinking maybe a 2 beer smoke tonight
20200307_180459.jpg

Picked it up a Kroger but I bet you can find it on Amazon if you grocery stores don't have it. I think ive seen the island joe brand at foodlion also.

I couldn't tell if these were skinless, but if you ever cook chicken with the skin on and like the skin, you'll appreciate the high temp cook. I always smoke a couple of turkeys for the tribe at some holidays and cooked low, slow and long. The meat tasted great, but the skin was like chewing on a rubber glove. I tried upping the temp at the last part of the cook, but still wasn't satisfied. I now cook poultry at 350, just like in the oven and the skin is crispy! I generally do an hour or less cold smoke (depending on the outside temp) for flavor, then do the 350* cook.

Plus I'm glad to see someone else likes a pop to drink while cooking!

I couldn't tell if these were skinless, but if you ever cook chicken with the skin on and like the skin, you'll appreciate the high temp cook. I always smoke a couple of turkeys for the tribe at some holidays and cooked low, slow and long. The meat tasted great, but the skin was like chewing on a rubber glove. I tried upping the temp at the last part of the cook, but still wasn't satisfied. I now cook poultry at 350, just like in the oven and the skin is crispy! I generally do an hour or less cold smoke (depending on the outside temp) for flavor, then do the 350* cook.

Plus I'm glad to see someone else likes a pop to drink while cooking!

Yes they had the skin on them and they were nice and crispy! My pop was pretty good too!

Reactions: randyrayd
Ok so fast cooking turned out great too! Had spinach and feta cheese pierogies and broccoli green bean peas and zucchini sauteed in olive oil for our sides.
20200307_194433.jpg
20200307_201621.jpg

Attachments

• 20200307_205859.jpg
    20200307_205859.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: randyrayd
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky