Mmm….eggnog

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TripleLindy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 1, 2022
DFW area
Well, it’s not beer or ale, but I wasn’t sure where else to post. Pretty simple recipe:

Ingredients:

4 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
1 pint whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
3 ounces bourbon (or add to individual servings)
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
4 egg whites*

Directions:
  • Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat to soft peaks. With the mixer still running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form
  • In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Add the milk, cream, bourbon and nutmeg and stir to combine.
  • Whisk the egg whites into the mixture. Chill and serve
1671810993586.jpeg

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Note - I edited the directions to beat the egg whites first. This keeps you from having to wash the bowl and whisk if you do the yolks first. You can’t get any yolk in the egg whites because they won’t whip to peaks if you do.

Last edited:
Nice work on posting that, I had no idea what was involved. My wife took off early this morning in search of eggnog for her and our houseguest, three markets later she scored. I'm not leaving the house until after Xmas, tho the weather here is fine. RAY

Reactions: TripleLindy
Looks good. But can I bypass the egg whites and etc and just go straight to the bourbon?

Jim
Of course! Might be the best recipe of all! BTW, I actually mixed Bulleit Rye into the eggnog. No way was I going to use my Buffalo Trace, but it made for a better picture.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky