Mini propane WSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crippledcracker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 3, 2016
Mount Pleasant SC
Bought this little burner a while back but never really used it so I decided to change that. It really seemed as though it would pair well with my spare smokey Joe so I decided to combine the two. It seems to hold 225 almost dead nuts on the lowest setting, but will get in the 420's when needed. Haven't cooked on it yet but looking forward to it.
Screenshot_20211222-072729_Amazon Shopping.jpg
20211222_104711.jpg
20211221_134553.jpg 20211221_134403.jpg Screenshot_20211221-142925_Photos.jpg 20211222_110550.jpg

Kinda neat. What you going to use the the smoke?
There's an access hole in the side so I guess I could jam some mini splits in there. My plan was to use it more for high heat with the rotisserie, but was amazed how low it would hold temp. Just an experiment for now.

I like the way you think.. wonder how long it will go on a tank of gas ..

I have the adapters to refill the little tanks from a big one ... also the adapter to run on a big tank ...

Sweet, I love it!!! I always said what would I use the mini for and my answer was, nothing.
You just changed my opinion on the mini's usability, nicely done, Sir.

For smoking, you could always throw a small 6'' Lodge C.I. pan filled with chips and chunks over the burner. Just be sure to cover the pan with 2-4 layers of heavy foil, then poke 2-3 pencil size holes in the foil so the wood smolders but doesn't catch fire. You could do the same while using the meat spinner.

Pretty cool mod!!!
Dan.

Reactions: crippledcracker

I have the adapters to refill the little tanks from a big one ... also the adapter to run on a big tank ...
Fired it up at 7:30 this morning on a full 1 pound bottle. I got it running as low as possible, so now we wait and see. I have the adapter for the larger tank but haven't used it yet. I'll keep you posted. 20211224_082335.jpg

Sweet, I love it!!! I always said what would I use the mini for and my answer was, nothing.
You just changed my opinion on the mini's usability, nicely done, Sir.

For smoking, you could always throw a small 6'' Lodge C.I. pan filled with chips and chunks over the burner. Just be sure to cover the pan with 2-4 layers of heavy foil, then poke 2-3 pencil size holes in the foil so the wood smolders but doesn't catch fire. You could do the same while using the meat spinner.

Pretty cool mod!!!
Dan.
Thank you sir. I have a little stainless smoker box that seems to be working well. 20211224_072525.jpg 20211224_073250.jpg

I don't know if anyone is going to believe me, but I just checked it after 5 1/2 hrs and the tank feels like it's still half full. The 8 hour mark is easily in reach but I'm guessing it will go 10 hrs? Maybe more?
Update-- So apparently my calculations weren't too far off and I was able to get right at 10 hours on one small tank. Got the big tank on it now, so I'm guessing it will go till the end of time.
20211225_080526.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky