Microsoft Power Toy "Image Resizer" Tiny, Simple a

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ranger72

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 18, 2005
This tutorial is intended for forum users who are having trouble re-sizing pictures to below the 256kb requirement and is a fairly

simple solution to the problem. However this solution will only help those users who are using Windows XP Home or Windows

XP Pro Operating Systems.

Go here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Once you have arrived on this webpage entitled " Microsoft Power Toys for Windows XP" read the whole page carefully and

then scroll down the right hand side of the of the page to the eleventh download link named: IMAGE RESIZER. Click on the

link entitled ImageResizer.exe. to download this tool and then follow the directions in the Installshield wizard to install same to

your computer.

It is a very fast and tiny download/install (even on dial-up connections) which will allow you to resize pictures which you already

have installed on your harddrive in "My Pictures".

Here is the beauty of this tiny application: In order to re-size a picture already on your computer located in "My Pictures" all

you need to do is "right click with your mouse" on the image you wish to download and you will see a drop-down menu

appear.Look for the instruction "Resize Pictures" on the drop-down menu and left click on it.

This will open up this wonderful, tiny little program, which has a half-dozen options, with which even the newbiest of newbies

will be able to use quickly and without aggravation providing he/she has downloaded and installed the application properly.

TRUST ME KIDS; THIS IS NOT COMPLICATED!

Download it! Install it! and then experiment with it a bit before trying to download one of your newly re-sized pics into our

forums.

If you have any questions just post them in the thread or PM me and we will get you "squared away" right quick!

Hope this Helps!

ranger72 :)

OTBS # 14

Hi There Bill!

Yes! Please do! This is a really easy app to use!

ranger72

OTBS #14

:lol: Yes! You could get a Mac!

But 97% of the world's computer users use the Windows Operating System and many of our forum members have had troubles re-sizing their images for posting in their threads.

I have spent a charge of time in the last year helping new users with this problem and This particular "Power Toy" is just what the doctor ordered for them.

Macs are wonderful computers and are largely used by commercial artists and photographers and that group of computer users use complicated software programs like Maya and Photoshop etc..They already know the "Ins and Outs" of resizing digital images.

Another benefit to a Mac is that they don't face the "Security Issues" and the holes in the OS that Windows users face.But volumes have been written on these issues..

But I enjoyed your injection of humor into this thread! :lol:

Thanks,
ranger72

OTBS # 14

There are some pretty cool applications on that page, I downloaded several of them for my computer.

Jamie

Yes! There are some excellent "Power Toys" on that page but the topic of this thread is to attempt to help our members who have had or are having trouble resizing images to post here in our forums.

It would be nice to hear from someone who has actually followed the instructions; downloaded the app; used the app; and reports back to us all as to how easy it is to use for the benefit of the less experienced users.

So! Did you download/install image resizer and if so what did you think of it for its ease of use? :P

Thanks,

ranger72 :?:

OTBS # 14

Ranger, Thanks for providing the link. I know many members will benefit from this post. Thanks again!

Hi There Dutch!

You betcha!
wink.gif

Always thinking of the Team! 8)

ranger72

OTBS # 14

You are the man Ranger72!!!

I have been trying to get an avatar on here for almost a week and could not get it small enough. I used the custom feature, put in the the 120x120 the site required, and bam the slow hillbilly has an avatar. :shock:

Thanks a million, much appreciated, muchas gracias!!!

Yes, I downloaded it although I have many other programs that will resize pics this one does make it very easy. I will get use out of it when posting pics on the forums without a doubt.

Hi There ultramag!

That's wonderful news! This is the beauty of this simple, small, and most all,Free piece of code. Once you familiarize yourself with it, it is too simple to be true!

If you click your "Start" button >"Control Panel" >"Add or Remove Programs"
and scroll down through the list of applications installed on your "confuser" you will find it there listed as "Image Resizer Powertoy for Windows XP".

If you click "Start" button and hover your cursor over installed programs to populate that list of your installed programs you will not find it.It is not there.

This, I think, is what confuses some folks when they download it.They cannot find it! :lol:

The only way to use it is by opening "My Pictures" and open a folder of images, and hover your cursor over any image and then "right Click" on the image, scroll down the drop-down menu, left click on "resize pictures"
and choose one of the half dozen options that are available to you for resizing any image on your harddrive..

The custom option is great isn't it?

you may also use it to resize really large pics down to the 256kb requrement for downloading images of your favorite "Cue" into our forum
so we can all drool and learn!

It turns new users faces from this " :cry: " to this " :lol: " !

If you know of other members who may be having trouble re-sizing image be sure to pass it on!

Congratulations! I love it when I see the :idea: go from Off to On! :D

ranger72

OTBS # 14

Thats Great jamiebodie!

I have em all too! But for peeps who are new to this nothing beats this little app!

Thanks for responding!

ranger72 :>)

Providing that Smokermom is running Windows XP, I know she could use this appl. as she has a heck of a time posting pics here.

Dutch!

Ten Dash Four! Consider it Done!

ranger72

OTBS # 14

Wish I had seen this post a few days ago,., lol
looks like I'll be downloading it to my laptop today, then try and post somemore pics of my smoker.

Thanks for the link/info ranger

dberry!

Glad to be of service! :>) and a hearty Welcome Aboard!

ranger72 :)

OTBS # 14

You can also resize pics with Paint. Just right click on the pic and select Open With... Paint. Then use Sketch Skew under Image. Then just save or save as.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky