Michigan Members group Avatar ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

humdinger

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 27, 2012
Shelby Township MI
Hey gang,

Anyone have any good Michigan related smoking pics we can use as a avatar to represent the group?

I did a brief Google image search of various combinations of "Michigan+smoking meat" but had no luck (there was one picture taken of the UP from outer space during a forest fire that looked cool, but the smoke was white and I don't want outsiders thinking we can't get the TBS ;).

Some thoughts I had were to do something recognizable about MI like maybe the Mackinaw bridge with a smoker going in the foreground; a bar-b-que at the Grand Hotel; or something with the sand dunes?

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

I've updated the group photo album with a Avatar pic. It's supposed to be swiss cheese int he shape of our state. this should suffice until someone finds something better. Let me know what you think.

sure..that was my first guess.......... 
confused.gif

I agree, the orange cone is pretty universal throughout the state. Maybe we can get a good pic of a beef pasty from one of our Yooper members?!?!

Throw a MES off of the top of Copper Peak and take a picture of it on the way down

Last edited:
I don't remember how long ago I found that image but I've had it saved to my desktop for a couple years I think. It came from a US government site dedicated to Great Lakes water temperatures.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky