Mexican Ranchero Skirt Steak Roll-Ups (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I would eat that crap! Just kidding of course, looks fine and bet it tasted even better.
Is the Ranchero sauce a canned thing or is it multiple ingredients?

You had me researching that sauce yesterday. Got my mind spinning on how to use it.
I've posted the recipe here before. That's why I didn't post it again. Several people have made it and seemingly enjoy the sauce. If you can't find it just let me know and I'll post it again.

Robert

Looks great Robert, nothing wrong on your plate at all.

I could eat a lot of that Mexican Rice also
Thanks so much David. The rice is just a package of Knorr's. I'll make it from scratch if time permits but it wasn't available for this one. We keep several different Knorr sides around just for times like this.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks real good and seems keto friendly.

I was thinking about ordering some CP skirt steaks but was surprised to see you hammer/tenderized them? I haven't tried anything CP yet but from what I have read I thought it was noteworthy for being naturally very tender?

If I am very careful and lucky I can usually select a fairly decent skirt steak in HEB (I love skirt steaks) and marinated and seared hot and fast to a nice rare/medium rare they are usually good - not super tender of course - but very good tasting with an acceptable chew (to me). Could never figure out how the former Nancy's in Bastrop could get their fajita steak on their buffet so tender - probably Adolph's meat tenderizer or similar...

Curious, do you find it necessary to always tenderize CP skirt steaks?
Not sure about keto friendly. That's really not in my lexicon. You ask a good question and one I should have addressed in the thread. The CPB products are across the board very tender. I don't use the meat mallet on these for tenderization. I use it to make the pieces of steak larger, thinner, and more consistent in thickness. Larger area means more room inside for goodies. Thinner and more consistent makes them much easier to roll up. If you decide to pull the trigger on some CPB products, shoot me a PM before ordering. I have some information to share that will be very valuable.

Robert

Reactions: Retired Spook
I would eat that crap! Just kidding of course, looks fine and bet it tasted even better.
Is the Ranchero sauce a canned thing or is it multiple ingredrients?
Finally somebody who is honest!! :emoji_laughing: The Ranchero sauce is a recipe that I put together a couple years ago. It's homemade from the ground up but very easy to make. Never had any at a restaurant or from a store that packs the flavor of this stuff. Several people here have made it and I've gotten some very positive feedback from them.

Robert

Reactions: cutplug
If you decide to pull the trigger on some CPB products, shoot me a PM before ordering. I have some information to share that will be very valuable.

Robert
Insider information is illegal and a very big Bozo no-no. LOL

Chris

The law is Insider TRADER information. We aren't trading anything so are still within bounds of the law :emoji_laughing: Nice try at ruining my day Chris :emoji_wink:

Robert

Looks fantastic Robert, and just in time! I've got a house guest that's been hinting around to Jan about some south-of-the-border cuisine to break things up, this will really fill the bill. I'll have to make a few minor adjustments, I've never bought skirt steak but have a nice supply of tritip on hand, jaccard and pound out. This will be a nice change from my same old enchiladas too!

Finally somebody who is honest!! :emoji_laughing: The Ranchero sauce is a recipe that I put together a couple years ago. It's homemade from the ground up but very easy to make. Never had any at a restaurant or from a store that packs the flavor of this stuff. Several people here have made it and I've gotten some very positive feedback from them.

Robert
I will definitely track that down and it might just make a good stew all by itself!
As we get older the filters in our brains and mouth just kind of fade away!

Chris
I know y'all do not know me but as out-there as this will make me sound, I do not want any favors that everyone else doesn't get.

Many many years ago I knew the guy that owned Rosie's Diner of Bounty TV commercial fame - he was my landlord - and he told me something I have never forgotten and that I live by. "Never owe your landlord or your boss, money, because even after you pay them back, you will still owe them, forever." I take it a step further and apply it to everyone on Earth.

I understand that many people's intentions are good but I stick to my guns nevertheless. I have no problem doing good for others when I can, and I never ask for it back, but I do not want to owe anyone, anything, ever.

Thanks so much Justin. May be a good meal to warm you up with the weather that might be coming your way.

Robert
Wind chill warning for northern Arkansas today thru tomorrow. -25 degree outside!

Time to bust out the good stuff!
D465989C-663E-4973-A065-93FF77B74E94.jpeg

I know y'all do not know me but as out-there as this will make me sound, I do not want any favors that everyone else doesn't get.
I understand and deeply respect these sentiments. The information that I'd share is available to anyone who wants it. I was just asked by the powers-that-be not to post it publicly. I've shared it with many people on an individual basis as they have asked for it and would happily do the same for you...and anybody else who sends a PM with possible intentions of placing an order.

Robert

Wind chill warning for northern Arkansas today thru tomorrow. -25 degree outside!
That just sucks!! Gonna be in the low teens here tonight and wind chills just slightly below 0. Got all my supplies in order and not planning to head out for anything.
Time to bust out the good stuff!
Now this doesn't suck :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: yankee2bbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky