MES40 20072612 vs. 20070311

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

antler

Original poster
Apr 10, 2013
Ok guys been looking into an MES40 smoker but couldn't find any local dealers so I contacted Masterbuilt directly and they are going to sell me one and ship to me. The rep I talked to suggested I google both the part numbers above to decide which smoker would best suit me. from what I can tell there basically the same, with one being an updated version, though I can't find anything on which unit is actually better, can anyone shed some light on the situation?

The 0311is the tried and true gen 1 40 inch with 1200 watt element, wheels and reliable controller. It also has an access panel to get to the element if needed. The 2612 is a gen 2. Different interior design and controllers that have problems. I've owned both and wouldn't give you a dollar for the gen 2.

The 0311is the tried and true gen 1 40 inch with 1200 watt element, wheels and reliable controller. It also has an access panel to get to the element if needed. The 2612 is a gen 2. Different interior design and controllers that have problems. I've owned both and wouldn't give you a dollar for the gen 2.
Exactly what Geerock said---Two totally different animals!!!

Bear

Thanks Guys! Guess i'll be ordering the gen1 when the time comes!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky