MES30 sale

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fathomthis

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
I saw the MES black friday sale add and was wondering how small is the 30"? is it that bad? i wanted to get the 40" but for 180 bucks for the 30" i mean thats hard to beat

The 30" is alright, BUT...

I have to cut my spare ribs / baby back ribs in half.  (my beef ribs fit alright.

I have to cut my brisket in half aswell.

So it is kind of a pain in the ass, and the 40" seems nice.

But I am VERY new to smoking, and this smoker is a great starter.

Last edited:
The 40" is great, but if the budget says $180 then it's a good place to start.  IF you can afford the extra $120 for a 40" MES at SAMS, go for it.

Todd

There is nothing wrong with an MES 30, except it will probably be too small for you, if you get serious about smoking after a short time.

I only warn people about it because of what happened to me:

I bought the MES 30 about 16 months ago, because I couldn't afford the bigger one.

Then I got so disgusted with having to cut racks of ribs in pieces, and only being able to smoke 2 Salmon fillets at one time (in pieces), and mixing up a 10 pound batch of Beef Sticks, and only being able to fit 7 pounds of it in the smoker.

I got sick of it & decided to buy the MES 40.

I got lucky, and my son said he wanted to buy the MES 40 for me for Christmas.

So, if all you can afford is the MES 30, I know exactly where you're coming from, but I still have to include the warning:

MES 30----$180

MES 40, after you can't stand it any longer----$300 (black) to $350 (All Stainless).

Total cost for ending up buying both----$480 to $530

Bear

Ill wait then. My ECB can hold out till i get the money for the stainless 40"

Ill wait then. My ECB can hold out till i get the money for the stainless 40"

Fathom,

I'm not trying to push you into anything, but just so you know:

Cabela's has the NEW All Stainless Steel (inside & out) MES 40, with remote control, wheels, glass door, built in meat probe, 1200 watt, etc, etc on sale for $349.99, from Nov 26th until Dec 1st. I don't think it will ever be cheaper than that. The big thing, if you're waiting to save the money is you can get it for "NO Payments & NO Interest for 12 months. All you have to do is get their credit card. You can scrap that later if you don't want it. Cabela's is the only credit card I have.

Just thought you should know,

Bear

That sounds like a good deal but sadly the closest cabellas is in Reno.... Bass pro is like 20 minutes from my inlaws which is where I'll be this weekend. Either way I'm getting the 30" Friday and using it but I think cyberfite is buying it from me after that.

Any idea if I can buy the 40 ss online from cabellas?

That sounds like a good deal but sadly the closest cabellas is in Reno.... Bass pro is like 20 minutes from my inlaws which is where I'll be this weekend. Either way I'm getting the 30" Friday and using it but I think cyberfite is buying it from me after that.

Any idea if I can buy the 40 ss online from cabellas?
Yes, it's good for online too.

Give them a call. They have free shipping until Nov 30, for anything over $99, but I'm not sure if the smoker is included. I would check.

Here's a link:

http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=Shipping

Bear

You can get an MES 30 right now at Lowes for $179.  Saw them there a couple days ago.  You can also get them on Amazon.com for $179 w/free shipping, no tax.  I'm probably going to get one very soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky