MES

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Zacknes96

Original poster
May 21, 2019
Hey guys, just used my MES last weekend for the first time. Made some really good pulled pork and it was a very simple process.

Today I'm trying to fire it up and am having some error.

In need of some help here. I've tried shutting it down multiple times. Tried manually setting it and through the app. I unplugged it and still no luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200108-193830.png
    Screenshot_20200108-193830.png
    195.6 KB · Views: 21
Not sure where you're from, but is it cold outside where your smoker is? The sensor has a lot of trouble when it's under 35 degrees or so. This might be contributing to your issue

I'm in NJ and yes it is pretty cold, mid 30s. I was thinking it was acting up cause of the cold just wasn't sure.
So I guess as we head into winter I won't be able to run my new toy very often

You can even do something like microwave a half of a potato until it's warm (not hot hot or anything) and push it right over the temp probe that sticks out into the cabinet. Start the unit, let it run for 20-30 mins and remove the potato.

Is there a “safety” switch on the door or lid causing the smoker not to start because it thinks the door or lid is open? Same principle as a wash/dryer, won’t start unless the door/lid is closed. If it’s a cold start thing then I would recommend a dry heat(hairdryer or potato) I tried hot water once and had so much condensation water was leaking out the bottom of the door.

Reactions: PAS
So after a few months I playing with my MES, i haven't been able I produce a nice smoke ring on my meat. I've used alot of apple and hickory, I fill the pan up and it the smoke billows out pretty thick. Thoughts?

So after a few months I playing with my MES, i haven't been able I produce a nice smoke ring on my meat. I've used alot of apple and hickory, I fill the pan up and it the smoke billows out pretty thick. Thoughts?
Since this thread is on temp issues the thread below is one that explains about why electrics don't produce a smoke ring.

Reactions: Zacknes96
Since this thread is on temp issues the thread below is one that explains about why electrics don't produce a smoke ring.

Now if I were to do a brisket through the night, could I throw it in my offset for a few hours and when I'm ready to sleep throw it on the electric? I heard the meat absorbs the most smoke in the beginning of the cook

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky