MES not heating

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joshs

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I cleaned the sensor in my MES an it still will not heat. Where can I buy the heating element to replace the old one?

Check the wires connected to the heating element...they are known to burn off the wire connectors. It is a easy fix just type in MES mods. into our search bar and you should find a thread or three on replacing the connectors. 
icon14.gif

I second looking at the terminals . I know when it happened to mine (before I checked the wires and before I knew this forum ) I spoke to Masterbuilt and the lady seemed quite knowledgable about the unit , she said she had never heard of an element going bad and she doubted that was the problem , but the unit was out of warranty and she referred me to a repair center . Unless the element is broken in half or something very obvious , I doubt it's the element .

Check to see that the timer is set. The element will not heat if the time is expired. How do I know........I've done it myself......

Dave

Its not with the timer. I to have forgot to set it before. I took the back off, but from what I can see there, the wires look good.

Last edited:
Plug and unplug the terminals

Mine turned yellow and blew

Never heard of an element going bad

Could be the controller

Todd

Don't see why mes guy are so loyal.I see broken mes on here once a week.

Loyalty Sometimes Boarders on Stupidity

I've had really good luck for the many hundreds of hours I've put on my (2) MES 40's for smoking meat and testing my gadgets

Only repair was a burned terminal, but EZ fix

I remember when there were 5-10 broke down every week!

Todd

Check the wires connected to the heating element...they are known to burn off the wire connectors. It is a easy fix just type in MES mods. into our search bar and you should find a thread or three on replacing the connectors. 
icon14.gif
This was the problem. Thanks for the help guys. I wonder how many get chunked in the trash over this. If not for this site that is probably where mine would have been.

icon14.gif

This was the problem. Thanks for the help guys. I wonder how many get chunked in the trash over this. If not for this site that is probably where mine would have been.

Glad you found your problem Josh and got it fixed...This site is full of great people always willing to sharing their recipes and smoking wisdom!!!
beercheer.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky