MES Model Number Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

masonbone

Original poster
Dec 27, 2012
Hello All,

New to the forum and to MES Smoking.  I will get to the role call, but had a quick question first.  I got a MES 40 Smoker from Cabelas for Christmas, model number 20070512.  Is this basically the same as the one at Sams Model number 20072612?  It's hard to tell when looking on the Internet.  I have access to either store, so I just want to make sure I have the latest model before I get started.

Thanks, I look foward to your replies and being a member

mason

Great, thanks for your reply and the link. I just wasn't sure why there were so many models out there. Maybe each store has its own model?

Anyways, I can't wait to get this sucker out in the snow this weekend and see how she performs.

Like Texascajun said, yes. Same unit. Just so you know, there was a recall on 20070512. Here's a link to the Cabela's notice posted on Masterbuilt's website. http://www.masterbuilt.com/media/ESN30-40 PSN Cabelas_083012SS.pdf  Your unit may have already had the correction made though. Just call Masterbuilt and they'll ship you the replacement part out asap. Should receive in about a week and takes less than 5 minutes to swap out (3 screws). Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of MES smokin'. Now get that puppy seasoned and let's see some of your creations. Remember, we like pics.
th_nopicsye3.gif

This is a good question, I had the same problem.  Sam's sold me a 2007211 and I thought was most recent.  Should have came to the forum first!  Was looking for the MES40 gen2 ending in 12.  They are sending me a new one.  Same price 299.99

This is a good question, I had the same problem.  Sam's sold me a 2007211 and I thought was most recent.  Should have came to the forum first!  Was looking for the MES40 gen2 ending in 12. 
Yes this is correct. If you notice in the model number brake down the last number is the design year.

20070810 = (20=Masterbuilt) – (07=electric smoker) – (08=version smoker of that year) – (10=year designed)

This is a good question, I had the same problem.  Sam's sold me a 2007211 and I thought was most recent.  Should have came to the forum first!  Was looking for the MES40 gen2 ending in 12.  They are sending me a new one.  Same price 299.99

You many find out that you got the better of the two units.  So far we haven't heard overwhelming praise for the latest version of MES 40.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky