MES external smoking part???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fishacura

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
I am not happy with the amount of smoke the MES 30 puts out. I have played with the chip tray but no luck. I have heard there's an external smoke generator that fits into the hole where you put the wood chips but cannot for the life of me find anything of the sort online. Anyone aware of what this part is?

Sounds like you're referring to the Cold Smoking Kit, but most folks around here use the A-Maze-N pellet tray in the MES smokers.

I have a mes30, all I use is the amnps tray with the mailbox model. Works great.
I have to plead some ignorance on some of this. How do you use this? Do you just put pellets in, light and stick it on the bottom shelf? So basically it self supports and doesn't need to use the heating element?

Agree with the AMNPS. LOTS of us using it. I have never even once used chips in mine.

FYI The part you were talking about is referred to the MES "cold smoking kit" but is no longer available.

Here is my cold smoker hookup. This is the one you are taking about.
P2260004.JPG

Some info on here may be of assistance to you also.

The cold smoking attachment was replaced with the slow smoker kit. It is actually Masterbuilt MB20100112 Slow Smoker Kit, Black. I ordered mine from amazon back in october, but it appears to no longer be available. I have actually worn out three of the cold smoker attachments before they disappeared for a while, then I stumbled onto the slow smoker kit (which is same thing just renamed). A quick google search shows that you can still order from Lowe's or Home Depot online, but I'm guessing it is being phased out since it is out of stock at Amazon and a bunch of other places online.

I also ordered an Amazn Tube in october, and honestly, after using the tube, I never went back to the cold (slow) smoking kit . The tube is much easier, doesn't need to be checked after it gets going good, and generates a bunch of smoke. If you try the tube, just make sure you get a small torch. It sure makes it easy to light.

Reactions: zwiller
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky