• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

MES Cold Smoker Attachment; Running Very Hot

rvachewlover

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 26, 2016
I've used the cold smoking attachment for the MES 30 before and have started a few fires. Chiefly, when I open the lid or remove the little cap it allows to much oxygen in and thus causing combustion. Is there a way to dial back the power on the cold smoker? Best practices, besides removing the cap/exposing more oxygen? Do I need to sing a lullaby before opening?

I'll be getting an AMZN (tube or maze suggestion also appreciated) for pellets, however I'm already $125 invested into the attachment.

R Blum

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 19, 2017
I use this. It is a variable speed control for a router. Once the cold smoker gets going good I can turn the heating element down. Works great. I think I bought it at Northern Tool.
P2260007.JPG

rvachewlover

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 26, 2016
That looks like a good fix! Just ran a couple of handfuls of oak pellets. No combustion because I didn't open it but nasty white smoke with black liquid running down the sides of the attachment and on the roof. Very disappointed with their product

I use this. It is a variable speed control for a router. Once the cold smoker gets going good I can turn the heating element down. Works great. I think I bought it at Northern Tool.
View attachment 444791

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.