MES Cold Smoker Attachment; Running Very Hot

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rvachewlover

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 26, 2016
Richmond, Va
I've used the cold smoking attachment for the MES 30 before and have started a few fires. Chiefly, when I open the lid or remove the little cap it allows to much oxygen in and thus causing combustion. Is there a way to dial back the power on the cold smoker? Best practices, besides removing the cap/exposing more oxygen? Do I need to sing a lullaby before opening?

I'll be getting an AMZN (tube or maze suggestion also appreciated) for pellets, however I'm already $125 invested into the attachment.

I use this. It is a variable speed control for a router. Once the cold smoker gets going good I can turn the heating element down. Works great. I think I bought it at Northern Tool.
P2260007.JPG

That looks like a good fix! Just ran a couple of handfuls of oak pellets. No combustion because I didn't open it but nasty white smoke with black liquid running down the sides of the attachment and on the roof. Very disappointed with their product

I use this. It is a variable speed control for a router. Once the cold smoker gets going good I can turn the heating element down. Works great. I think I bought it at Northern Tool.
View attachment 444791

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky