MES 40" with BT

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I agree, however in this case, it was still in heating mode and did not shut off. I had it set to 275 for seasoning. Later on, I set 270 with the Bluetooth, and it seemed to work. It seemed like it glitches when you try and set max temp with the app.

OK----In that case I'd keep an eye on it, but I'd hesitate to send it back, because you could get one with bigger problems.
What does it do if you leave the remote in the drawer & set it at 275° with the console controls??

Bear

OK----In that case I'd keep an eye on it, but I'd hesitate to send it back, because you could get one with bigger problems.
What does it do if you leave the remote in the drawer & set it at 275° with the console controls??

Bear
It works fine with the control panel. Heat cycles on and off just like it should.

So after a few tests with the app closed the whole smoke and running it by the smoker controls and seeing that to be just fine, maybe opening the app after your smoke is under way and just using the app as a visual check may not affect the performance of the smoker.

It works fine with the control panel. Heat cycles on and off just like it should.

OK---I never tried my Bluetooth thingy, because I don't own a cell phone, or anything that I could use with it.
So I just use the control panel. I guess you always have that as a last resort, if you can't get the BT working properly.

I'm sure if I wanted one, I could get it, because my Son "Bear Jr" owns his own Tower Corporation. He's Been in business for 18 years so far.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky