MES 40 - Question about racks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dad of four

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
Dayton, OH
2 quick questions...

1.  If I just need to use one rack, which of the 4 racks should I use?  Top, Middle-Top, Middle-Bottom, Bottom

2.  In order to help with cleanup, if I am not using the bottom rack, can I cover it with tin foil, and cook on one of the other racks?

dof, morning....  If I understand you correctly, you want to cover a bottom rack with foil ??   That would block the heat and smoke.... not a good idea....    If using one rack for food, I use the MT rack.... Dave

Just remove the rack.  Or just spray with Pam and its easy to clean afterwards.

If using one rack, I like to use the one 2nd from top.  In my older MES its is closest to temp sensor.  New models the sensor is a different location.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky