MES 40 Problems

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Okay, so I smoked some 3-2-1 ribs this weekend.  I set the water pan on the floor of the smoker, wrapped the drip plate in foil, and used unsoaked applewood chips.  My goal temp was 225 and I had to set it to 245 to get my thermometer to read near 225.  There were times when I checked the temp during the smoke and it would read below 200.   Strange.

Anyway, the ribs itself turned out pretty good.  I wish they were a little bit more tender and "fall off the bone" but I'd say I'm pretty happy with the results.  I think I had a hard time managing the amount of smoke.  It seemed like I had to add every half hour.  I bet the AMNPS will solve that issue though!

Okay, so I smoked some 3-2-1 ribs this weekend.  I set the water pan on the floor of the smoker, wrapped the drip plate in foil, and used unsoaked applewood chips.  My goal temp was 225 and I had to set it to 245 to get my thermometer to read near 225.  There were times when I checked the temp during the smoke and it would read below 200.   Strange.

Anyway, the ribs itself turned out pretty good.  I wish they were a little bit more tender and "fall off the bone" but I'd say I'm pretty happy with the results.  I think I had a hard time managing the amount of smoke.  It seemed like I had to add every half hour.  I bet the AMNPS will solve that issue though!
Yup---The AMNPS will definitely solve the smoke problem.

I don't know what to tell you about the heat problem with the Gen #2. Maybe drill holes in the slanted drip plate, but that would allow drips through it. Maybe trim some of the drip plate off the front or back edge, on the left half of it, to let some more heat get up through the left side of the smoker.

Bear

Yup---The AMNPS will definitely solve the smoke problem.

I don't know what to tell you about the heat problem with the Gen #2. Maybe drill holes in the slanted drip plate, but that would allow drips through it. Maybe trim some of the drip plate off the front or back edge, on the left half of it, to let some more heat get up through the left side of the smoker.

Bear
Thanks Bear.   I'll wait for the new controller to come in and see how that goes. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky