MES 40 died, found a deal on OJ Highland

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stevensondrive

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
Springfield IL
The plastic cover over the buttons on my MES came off and I'm guessing the rain killed the circuit board. It would respond to buttons or remote. Figures. 2 pork butts are waiting in the fridge.....

Went to Lowes to look at the OJ Highland but they were out. They tried to sell me on one that was half smoker and half gas grill. I wasn't interested in getting gas so off to Walmart.....

It was listed at $268 on their website. But a Highland was assembled and tagged at $175 at the garden center door. I talked them down to $150!

It's sitting in the garage waiting for RTV, gasket tape, thermometers, charcoal basket to arrive from Amazon. I read up on suggested mods [emoji]128521[/emoji]

I am kind of nervous about using a stick burner......

I don't own one so I'm no help on that ... but I can help by directing you to the search feature (magnifying glass) at the top right of the page... I'm sure you can find all the info your looking for there... good luck withyour new rig... Thumbs Up

I don't own one so I'm no help on that ... but I can help by directing you to the search feature (magnifying glass) at the top right of the page... I'm sure you can find all the info your looking for there... good luck withyour new rig... Thumbs Up

Thank you!

I love your username btw!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky