MES 40 chip tray upgrade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have had my MES40 from Sams for approx 2 months..  Is this something I need to check on getting?  Not sure what the chip tray upgrade does.... Maybe Darryl can chime in. 

I am still waiting for him to send me a new controller so that I can get my temps working better..  They are still approx 40-50 degs lower than what the controller is telling me when I am smoking food..  I have used my MES almost every weekend and really like the ease of use and cant wait to get it up and working correctly with the new controller......

Mike  

I have had my MES40 from Sams for approx 2 months..  Is this something I need to check on getting?  Not sure what the chip tray upgrade does.... Maybe Darryl can chime in. 

I am still waiting for him to send me a new controller so that I can get my temps working better..  They are still approx 40-50 degs lower than what the controller is telling me when I am smoking food..  I have used my MES almost every weekend and really like the ease of use and cant wait to get it up and working correctly with the new controller..........  

Mike     
Mike,

Some need the retro kit---some don't.

If you aren't having trouble getting smoke at lower temps, you don't need it.

I had to get the retro kit for mine, because mine wouldn't start smoking until it went from 40˚ to 190˚, with the element on that whole time. Then it would start smoking at about 190˚. Then it would only smoke for a few minutes, & stop. The retro kit solved that problem.

Having said all that, "IMHO" there is still no way so get steady, consistent, "set it & forget it" smoke for hours at a time, without an A-MAZE-N-SMOKER. 

Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky