MES 40" busted element.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buck futta

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
Coeur d'Alene, ID
I've owned a MES 40" all stainless w/ window for over a year now and about two weeks ago the element went cold while I was smoking some peppers. Thank the smoking gods it didn't break the night before as I was smoking 45 pounds of pork butt overnight! Using the unit 40-60 hours a month for over a year I guess I'm lucky it didn't happen sooner.

A quick call to Masterbuilt and giving my model# and serial# as well as describing the problem and I had a new element on it's way to me free of charge! Being a few months out of warranty this was a huge surprise and greatly appreciated. I'm glad to say that my smoker is back up and running, and it seems better than ever as the element heats to the correct temp rather than 20 degrees lower like the old one did!

Chalk up another happy Masterbuilt owner for life!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
After working in the Tech Support/IT Industry for eight years I got used to negative complaints. Now whenever I personally have a good customer service experience I make sure to compliment/rave about the company as positive feedback is hard to come by these days.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky