MES 30 Side Shelf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cobrasjp

Original poster
Feb 20, 2016
I got a really good deal from Masterbuilt on their side shelf for the MES 30. $10.45 shipped to my door.

Installed it today and I'm very pleased with it. Installation was quick and painless; the fit was perfect. It's reasonably sturdy and very easy to raise and lower.

And, very important to me, the MB cover still fits.

Overall, I'd say it was $10 well spent.

I should have taken pics. Didn't ever occur to me at the time. I'll take some tomorrow.

The side shelf is shown on Masterbuilt's website. I wasn't willing to gamble on it by paying full price. But I couldn't pass it up for the price they quoted me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Here's pictures I took this morning.  

With the cover on showing how it still fits:

With the shelf folded down:

With the shelf up:

Here's pictures I took this morning.  

With the cover on showing how it still fits:

With the shelf folded down:

With the shelf up:

I could really use this, too. It lists for $40. How'd you get it for $10.45 including shipping?

That is definitely worth the 10 bucks. I bet it will help. Thats one thing definitely needing is a table to set things on close by. Wish my style MES 30 had one

Very nice especially for that price! I just found one from Home Depot for $16.08 delivered. Here's a pic of one on a Gen 1 unit. Oh boy! More toys!!!! A shelf for the beer!

CobraSJP, thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

I could really use this, too. It lists for $40. How'd you get it for $10.45 including shipping?
I called MB and told them that I bought a smoker in February and two weeks later bought one for my nephew's wedding present (his bride's idea; I think she's a catch!).  On my recommendation, 4 family members also bought MES 30s.  

I asked them if I could get any good deals on accessories since I have resulted in them selling a few smokers.  I thought they would just laugh at the suggestion.  So I was really surprised when they offered me the side table for the reduced price.  

Now that I have installed it and used it, I think it is probably worth the full MSRP, or close to it.  It is a quality addition to the smoker.  I just wasn't ready to pay full MSRP without knowing more about it. 

Last edited:
You know I got a new guy at work hooked on getting a smoker after showing him all the good food I've made from my pics. Then turned him on to this site also. Wonder how many people from my job it would take for me to get a deal like that.

I called MB and told them that I bought a smoker in February and two weeks later bought one for my nephew's wedding present (his bride's idea; I think she's a catch!).  On my recommendation, 4 family members also bought MES 30s.  

I asked them if I could get any good deals on accessories since I have resulted in them selling a few smokers.  I thought they would just laugh at the suggestion.  So I was really surprised when they offered me the side table for the reduced price.  

Now that I have installed it and used it, I think it is probably worth the full MSRP, or close to it.  It is a quality addition to the smoker.  I just wasn't ready to pay full MSRP without knowing more about it. 
That was really inventive thinking. Right now I place my MES 30 on an old children's play table and I use a small outdoor plastic table for placing some things on. Later in the year I'll buy this shelf since there are times I could really use something like it.

I got a really good deal from Masterbuilt on their side shelf for the MES 30. $10.45 shipped to my door.

Installed it today and I'm very pleased with it. Installation was quick and painless; the fit was perfect. It's reasonably sturdy and very easy to raise and lower.

And, very important to me, the MB cover still fits.

Overall, I'd say it was $10 well spent.
Can you find a part number on the item or your packaging slip? I see there are three different shelf part numbers from MB.  One is  20101513 and this is the one that is available for $16 at Home Depot. The other is 20100814, which lists for $40 on the MB website.  There is yet another model number, 20101613, which is available from a number of places for around $25.

I'm still trying to determine the difference between them.  It would appear as though they are specific to different models of smokers (but, I bet some may be cross compatible).

Last edited:

Can you find a part number on the item or your packaging slip? I see there are three different shelf part numbers from MB.  One is  20101513 and this is the one that is available for $16 at Home Depot. The other is 20100814, which lists for $40 on the MB website.  There is yet another model number, 20101613, which is available from a number of places for around $25.

I'm still trying to determine the difference between them.  It would appear as though they are specific to different models of smokers (but, I bet some may be cross compatible).
The packing slip and the label on the box both say part number 20101613.  It fits perfectly on my MES 30 p/n 20076916, which is generation 2.5 but with RF remote instead of BT.  It's the black one manufactured for QVC that didn't sell.

It works on the MES 40 also. I have the 40 with the side vent and the table attached on that side. It works well whether the table is up or folded down. Mine gets a lot of use.

I emailed MB. I'm just trying to determine which shelf fits the 2.5 BT versions. Seems like the one you purchased will.

[h4]  [/h4][h4]Here's what Home Depot's ad says.  If it fits the newer MES series, then better yet for all.[/h4][h4]  [/h4][h4]  [/h4][h4]  [/h4][h4]PRODUCT OVERVIEW[/h4]
[h2]Model # 20101513[/h2][h2]Internet # 203868167[/h2]

Fits most 30 in. or 40 in. Masterbuilt digital electric smokers with top rearmount controllers. It is designed to easily attach to door hinge bolt and handle bolts. Made of solid steel construction.
  • Fits 30 in. or 40 in. Masterbuilt digital electric smokers
  • Provides extra food preparation space
  • Easy to assemble no drilling required
  • Folds down for easy storage

Last edited:

I'm comparing both online now. There's a subtle difference between the two shelves. They're both solid steel construction. The one sold by Home Depot may be an older design and perhaps that's why the price is much lower than on the MB site. Note the two holes on the top left side.
Now, this is the one sold on the MB site:
Note the two white holes on the end of the bar. From what I read, the original (I guess it's the one sold at HD) didn't fit ALL 30" and 40" electric digital smoking models and this is a re-design. I found the 3rd model you mentioned on Amazon. That description lists the special three MES 30 & 40 models that it fits. Looking at the photos, I think it's too small to meet my needs. It's designed mainly to hold gloves or bottles of sauces, mustards, ketchup,or spices which is something I don't really need. I think if you try to place food on there the weight would start to tip the smoker over onto its side. I always place my MES 30 on a small card table and if I place it far back enough from the front of the table I have all the room I need for gloves and even placing a serving platter down on the table in front of the smoker. If I need more working space I have a small resin table nearby.

View media item 476255

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky