MES 30" remote control problem model 20070508

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

blackcloud

Original poster
Dec 23, 2010
Chesapeake, VA
I need to sync the remote control with my control panal but I cant seem to find my owners manual. The unit is new and it the manual hasn't been posted yet on the MES website. If anyone has a manual handy and could let me know how to do it I would be very thankful. It would be on page 8 if memory serves me.

I need to sync the remote control with my control panal but I cant seem to find my owners manual. The unit is new and it the manual hasn't been posted yet on the MES website. If anyone has a manual handy and could let me know how to do it I would be very thankful. It would be on page 8 if memory serves me.
All I do is make sure I start it with the remote, instead of on the top panel.

Mine isn't that model, but I'd think the same. I never had to do any kind of sync.

Bear

I got a new panel and remote so, I have to sync the two. When your unit is boxed at the factory it is already been done. Do you happen to have the manual handy?

Thanks. I called earlier toady and they are closed because of the weather until tomorrow.
A couple inches is hard on places that aren't equipped to handle it. Might be another day until they open. 
eek.gif

Bear

Agreed, we just had a storm drop off 13" Christmas night, and its the most snow we have had in my fathers (75) lifetime. We aren't equiped for it either. Made driving interesting. Fortunatly, I smoked 4 turkey breasts and 3 boston butts Christmas day so we didn't starve! LOL

Got the answer today:

Link remote and controller by:

a. Turn Controller & Remote “ON”,

b. Press and HOLD “SET TEMP” on controller for 3 seconds.

c. On the Remote press “MEAT PROBE”, “LIGHT”, “MEATPROBE”, “LIGHT” (all buttons must be

pressed within 5 seconds of each other) A short beep will occur after each button press.

Got the answer today:

Link remote and controller by:

a. Turn Controller & Remote “ON”,

b. Press and HOLD “SET TEMP” on controller for 3 seconds.

c. On the Remote press “MEAT PROBE”, “LIGHT”, “MEATPROBE”, “LIGHT” (all buttons must be

pressed within 5 seconds of each other) A short beep will occur after each button press.
Hmmmm---Good to know---Thanks!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky