MES 30 20070411 Model - What is "Black Stainless Steel"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hkeiner

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Below is a description I found on-line for Masterbuilt's latest MES 30 model (20070411).  The description includes the term "black stainless steel". Does this mean (1) the entire exterior is stainless steel which is a darker SS than the normal lighter colored SS or (2) the front door is the nomal color SS while the sides/top are made of black painted steel?

I ask because the on-line pictures I have seen of this MES30 look like it might be the (1) finish  but I also I know that some earlier models had the (2) finish.  There is such a thing as a dark colored  "black" stainless steel, which can be found on some watches and such.   

Since I plan to buy online, I thought I might ask before hand so I know what to expect.

Thanks

--------------------------------------

Features include:
[*]-Black stainless steel[*]-Viewing window and internal light[*]-Push-button digital time temperature and time control panel[*]-Thermostat controlled temperature[*]-Chrome-coated smoking racks[*]-Convenient side wood chip loader[*]-Removable drip pan and rear-mounted grease pan[*]---------------------------------------

Below is a description I found on-line for Masterbuilt's latest MES 30 model (20070411).  The description includes the term "black stainless steel". Does this mean (1) the entire exterior is stainless steel which is a darker SS than the normal lighter colored SS or (2) the front door is the nomal color SS while the sides/top are made of black painted steel?
 The MES model 20070411 questions you had

1. The only 30'' MES models with Stainless steel body's are 20070307  ,20070507,20070709,20070809. None of which came with a window like the 20070411. Only the new 40'' model 20070311 has a SS door with window and all SS sides.

2. The 30'' MES model 20070411 has a Stainless steel door and a Black body(or Painted steel)

You can look at all the options here MES model numbers  

Black body, but is that black body "black stainless steel" or plain old steel. I think that's the question and if it is stainless, one must wonder if the 40" black is black stainless too.

What site did you get the description on?

On all mes models w/ the black body the black is painted steel. (Not stainless)

If the door is black ,it is also painted steel.

The stainless models be it door or body will look like brushed stainless .

and  will not be painted.

I understand what you're saying and I believe it... but still trying to find the explanation for the "black stainless steel" in the description and just what that means which is why I'm wondering what site that description came from. Could be just a simple type and should of read, black AND stainless steel.

I understand what you're saying and I believe it... but still trying to find the explanation for the "black stainless steel" in the description and just what that means which is why I'm wondering what site that description came from. Could be just a simple typo and should of read, black AND stainless steel.
That would be my guess.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky