Merry Christmas! Getting breakfast ready.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Good morning and Merry Christmas all!
Got up early to get the casserole going for breakfast. I'm hearing life upstairs. So I timed it good.
The recipe is easy.
Last night I cooked a pound of thick bacon. And a pound of sausage. Both homemade.
This morning:
In a bowl I put the meats
1 bag of hashbrowns. I used diced. But shredded is fine.
1 med. onion diced sauted for a few minutes.
1 can of mushrooms
1.5 cups of cheese. I used sharp smoked cheddar.
Mixed this up and put in a 9x13 baking dish that was sprayed with cooking oil.
In a bowl, I used the same that had the hashbrown mixture, Put in.
12 eggs
1 1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 tsp salt
Whisk well, And pour over the hashbrowns.
Tamp down and stir slightly to make sure everything is mixed up.
Then sprinkle 1/2 cup or so of cheese. I used smoked cheddar again.
Put in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour.

OI000029.jpg

Now that's done. I'm ready for coffee!

Merry Christmas Steve, breakfast looks good I'm sure it will be enjoyed

Merry Christmas Steve. That's a nice breakfast to wake up to.

Chris

Reactions: Millberry
Looks great Steve ! I got a quiche and cinimon rolls just about to come out of the oven.....waiting patiently for the little ones to get up LOL. I'm beat! Lots of work beeing Santa but can't wait to watch the kids! Merry Christmas!!

Looks great, made 1 up last night and into the crock pot, couldn't put hashbrowns in it as daughterinlaw don't like, then son said he didn't like peppers in it, oh well I enjoyed it

Heck ya Steve, that looks delicious! And merry Christmas to you!

Ryan

Merry Christmas Steve, wish I was at your house for brekky and dinner, that's something to look forward to! Our Christmas tradition had always been Eggs Benedict but I've been out of my Canadian bacon for about eight months. Now that it's cool enough for me to smoke up a batch, I usually do 15-16 pounds, I don't have any freezer space. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky