Memphis BBQ Network - Judges Training Experinece

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeffed76

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 8, 2013
Memphis
I went to a Memphis BBQ Network judges training class this weekend and it was a blast.  I was really impressed with quality of the training.  It started out with a pretest to get a baseline for the classes BBQ knowledge.  This has been going on in education for years, but this is the first training I have had that incorporated this technique.  After that we went through seated class that included cuts of hog, rules, and scoring procedures.  I won't bore you with that, but I'll say it is very well thought out.  After that came the good part.  We got to see a mock onsite judging and then we did a pork shoulder blind judging.  And then there was lunch, the ribs were outstanding!  Here are a few pics of the of the onsite.  

Cheers, Jeff

Good eye, it is a Yoder. I think I'll pick up the best tips during the onsite judging. Part of that is the BBQer telling you everything they did from opening the package to putting it on the plate. I'll be paying very close attention... Insert evil laughter...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky