Memorial Day Weekend Hat Trick

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lancep

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
North Mississippi
So I’ve been on a tear. I started with a small picnic and sausage poppers.
B35FD686-64F2-49F4-AE23-B428C22F82BC.jpeg

Yesterday, was chicken thighs and smoked brats w/ mustard sauce. That got me into a South Carolina mood. So today, we’re doing ribs with mustard sauce. I was able to score a rack of back ribs from piggly wiggly. Not my favorite but beggars can’t be choosers in the current shortage.
E5548425-480F-4BEA-8346-58F6FFBE8324.jpeg

Here they are with my super secret rub. (Salt and Pepper.) it’s been raining intermittently so I’m running with royal oak briquettes and a couple splits of oak.
C22F2263-A51D-425B-87EC-9B9B21BE6AFE.jpeg

TBS so time to put the vent covers on and toss in the bones.
4E5892DD-AF15-457B-A66C-1A961C16F505.jpeg

Here they are at 2 hrs. Running @290 and just wrapped in some parchment paper.

EDBD2328-4556-4732-B8D8-A7CF8957FFEB.jpeg

567D2834-670D-401E-A275-5B2E19E3E3F2.jpeg

And the finish. Sadly no more pics as tragedy struck moments later. Went to test the Mac n cheese and chipped my tooth. As I felt around to asses the damage, half my tooth fell out and I was greeted with the searing pain of an exposed root. Needless to say, the rest of my meal consisted of an ibuprofen and a wee dram of bourbon but wife tells me it was excellent!!

Ribs look really nice. Juicy, tender...don't know how you managed to break a tooth on them :emoji_astonished: Like Ryan said though, that sux!! Go to all the time and effort to cook then have to sit back and watch somebody else eat it. Hopefully you can get it fixed quick and at least get some leftovers.

Robert

Well all your culinary efforts look great Lance, Like! I reckon you'll be calling for a appointment to get your smile worked on, good luck. RAY

Ribs look really nice. Juicy, tender...don't know how you managed to break a tooth on them :emoji_astonished: Like Ryan said though, that sux!! Go to all the time and effort to cook then have to sit back and watch somebody else eat it. Hopefully you can get it fixed quick and at least get some leftovers.

Robert
It wasn’t on the ribs. It was while chewing the soft Mac ncheese. Hopefully I can get into dental soon.

Well all your culinary efforts look great Lance, Like! I reckon you'll be calling for a appointment to get your smile worked on, good luck. RAY
Hey thanks Ray! That one bite was amazing. I’ve always wanted to mustard on ribs and now I wonder why I waited so long. As for the tooth, I’m hoping I can get into VA dental this week.

That all looks awesome Lance. Ribs look especially outstanding. Big LIKE! How did you do the sausage poppers?
I feel bad because I copied someone else but can’t remember who posted it. Basically, I just cut and hollowed whole peppers, stuffed them with a mix of cream cheese and cheddar, and then molded them in ground sausage.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky