Memorial Day turkey breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

912smoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 29, 2020
Statesboro Ga
Been a couple of crazy days but found these on sale at Fòod Lion for $1.29 lb and BB for $.99.
20220530_174049.jpg

Freezer is full and only could squeeze 1 turkey breast in there so storing to butt and my BIL and smoking one bird.
Injection from Tony C and coated with Mississippi Grit and a light coat of Dirty Bird for some color.
Decided at the last minute to spatchcock.
Had the MBGF loaded with Char Logs and pecan chunks and humming at 300°
20220530_173936.jpg
Gave her a light mist of butter every 30 mins or so and pulled near the 3 hr mark at 162 IT.
20220530_193047.jpg 20220530_192457.jpg
Plenty of juice and flavor from the Swine Life rub and will definitely use more of it ! Not the prettiest bird on the block but man it was tasty and the wife approved 😋.
20220530_193839.jpg
First time trying the white sauce but love it !

Thanks for looking!

Keith

That looks awesome! Great work! I’m only batting .500 on turkeys on the smoker🤣 I like the spatchcock method! Points!

Reactions: 912smoker
Looks great Keith! Looks like it stayed moist as well. Nice job!

Ryan
We love the creole butter injection Ryan and it adds a lot of flavor and moisture.
Just hope Kim doesn't check the ingredients since she's on a diet 🤗but her sides made up for it !

Keith

Reactions: Brokenhandle
That looks awesome! Great work! I’m only batting .500 on turkeys on the smoker🤣 I like the spatchcock method! Points!
LOL thanks Jed but I didn't have many choices. It was sitting all whoppy jaw on the rack so brought it back in and split after it was rubbed down and shot up 😅

Keith

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky