Memorial day Surf and turf.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
The plated shot didn't come out. Way out of focus. Did up some fillet mignon with tails. Also had sauteed veggies. First run with the Lodge CI grill. This little thing rocks!

P5250902.jpg
steak.jpg

Very nice. Lobster tails with steak grilled over coals, yum. Looks like a great grill you have there Steve.

That looks great, been wanting 1 of those grills for years and I think 1 would be great for the camper. never cooked or seen anybody cook on 1 till now.

I seen a guy cooking with that on tv. I’m thinking I need one:emoji_sunglasses:

Delicious looking surf and turf, Steve! It doesn’t get much better than that.

That CI looks like a tank, glad to see it worked out for you. Is that something you could take camping or is too heavy?

The plated shot didn't come out

Made the same meal earlier this month for sons bday

Lack of plated shot or not Steve, that looks fantastic!! Sadly though until Tracy either goes on a business trip (not likely any time soon) or goes out with friends one evening, I have to live vicariously through you and TNJAKE TNJAKE as far as the lobster goes. Damn that looks good though!! Great job my friend. Saw those grills at Academy not long ago and considered getting one but I could most likely do the same style of cook on the SM using charcoal versus hickory or mesquite. Just WOW buddy!!

Robert

Boy howdy Steve, that's a classic all American feast, the grill shot says it all, Like! The grill is kind of reminiscent of the old Hibachi grills, very similar in fact. They were fairly popular in the early 70's. RAY

Looks awesome steve! Now those are some steaks to be proud of. That's a fine looking new grill you have.

Ryan

Now Gosh-darn that's eating good!
Only thing you could do better is make some for me!

Happy Grilling,
phatbac (Aaron)
Thanks Aaron! You didn't get the invite?!

Very nice. Lobster tails with steak grilled over coals, yum. Looks like a great grill you have there Steve.
Thank you!

That looks great, been wanting 1 of those grills for years and I think 1 would be great for the camper. never cooked or seen anybody cook on 1 till now.
Thank you! Once these heat up. They do a great job.

I seen a guy cooking with that on tv. I’m thinking I need one:emoji_sunglasses:
Go for it! They are great grills.

Great looking meal there Steve!

Warren
Thanks Warren!

looks great Steve, no need for a plated shot that grill shot says it all.
Thanks Jim!

Man that looks delicious. Nailed it. Made the same meal earlier this month for sons bday
Thank you! I saw your thread. That did look great.

Delicious looking surf and turf, Steve! It doesn’t get much better than that.

That CI looks like a tank, glad to see it worked out for you. Is that something you could take camping or is too heavy?
Thank you! Te grill weighs about 30 pounds. So, if you are back packing I would say no.

Lack of plated shot or not Steve, that looks fantastic!! Sadly though until Tracy either goes on a business trip (not likely any time soon) or goes out with friends one evening, I have to live vicariously through you and TNJAKE TNJAKE as far as the lobster goes. Damn that looks good though!! Great job my friend. Saw those grills at Academy not long ago and considered getting one but I could most likely do the same style of cook on the SM using charcoal versus hickory or mesquite. Just WOW buddy!!

Robert
Thanks Robert! Yeah, I'm sure you can do just as good. If not better with the rigs you have already!

Boy howdy Steve, that's a classic all American feast, the grill shot says it all, Like! The grill is kind of reminiscent of the old Hibachi grills, very similar in fact. They were fairly popular in the early 70's. RAY
Thanks Ray! I used to have a Hibachi. But didn't take care of it.

That all looks amazing Steve! Like everyone else I really like the grill!
Thank you!

Done in Homer Simpson slobbering voice: mmmm - steak and lobster - mmmm :emoji_wink:
LOL! Thanks!

Looks awesome steve! Now those are some steaks to be proud of. That's a fine looking new grill you have.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! It was about time I used this grill. I bought it months ago!

Another greal lookin' meal Steve!

Can't beat surf and turf.....ever.

LIKE!

John
Thanks John!

Great meal Steve! My all time favorite. Looks like you did it perfectly. I had a hibachi back in the 80's, very versatile. Don't remember what happened to it, it was the 80's. LOL.

Mike

Great meal Steve! My all time favorite. Looks like you did it perfectly. I had a hibachi back in the 80's, very versatile. Don't remember what happened to it, it was the 80's. LOL.

Mike
The 80's are a bit foggy to me too! Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky