Memorial Day feast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pellet user

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 12, 2017
Since I had a long week and I planned ahead I bought some pork butt from Sam's.  Put a little mustard on them and seasoned one with McCormick pork seasoning and the other with Pork barrel BBQ (from Sam's).  I wanted to do a blind taste test with people I had coming over on Sunday.  So Saturday at 8am fired up the Traeger Lil' texas and set the temp for 225 deg.  On my grill that is 250 deg on the analog temp.  Put them on the grates and after 1hr...

after 4 hours...

I check the internal temp on these and they were at 160 deg.  I wrapped them with foil and continued  until the were at 195.

I let then rest overnight in the fridge and pulled the pork on Sunday.  Served with Hawaiian rolls and wouldn't you know I didn't get a photo of the finished product
102.gif
  The rub was split.  Neither seemed to have enough flavor IMO but it is all gone so they like it anyway.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky