Memorial Day Deerburgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Getting off cheap Bear! Shooting 250 grains over here. Good thing you only need one shot.

Scott

Bear, job well done and definitely thanks for your service! Vietnam was a real eye-opener to this guy. I would have been 13 when you hit the ground there, but I do remember losing several young men from our small country community.

I have several pounds of deer burger in the freezer. Just need to thaw it and sneak it past my dear wife. She is not a fan of venison, but loves elk. So maybe I need to thaw some "elk" burger.

Thank You very much, SG !!!
Neither of us would eat straight Ground Venison without mixing it.
The Best we ever made & settled in on years ago is:
50% Venison
25% Beef 80/20
25% Pork (Butt)

You won't have to sneak that past her. We both like it better than straight Ground Beef.

Bear

Give it a try some time! I hated venison burgers cut with beef because on a little webber where it's pretty much 'really hot' or 'nothing is happening' they'd still dry out. So 50/50 bacon meant you could throw it on the most unforgiving lil grill and still have good burgers and hey, bacon on a burger is always right! ;)

Thanks Tom!!
One of these days, when the weather is nice enough & I feel up to it, I'll get my "Smokey Joe" out and make some Burgers and/or Steaks on it, because I do like the flavor more than from my Gas Grill.

Bear

Ever since a propane grill attempted to kill me I swore off them. <Also charcoal does have a better flavour, but a propane grill almost killing me sealed the deal>

Iam out of venison. Wish I had some right now. My son that's 9 right now wants to go hunting this year . Maybe it will be our year to get a bunch.

You got one coming up like I have here.
His business has been too busy lately to go fishing much, but he always finds time to bag a Whitetail or 3.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Getting off cheap Bear! Shooting 250 grains over here. Good thing you only need one shot.

Scott

Yeah, 180 is all I ever pushed through my Winchester Model 88 (.308).
My Buddy makes them for me with "Ballistic" tips.
Good for Pennsy' Deer & Bear.

Bear

Ever since a propane grill attempted to kill me I swore off them. <Also charcoal does have a better flavour, but a propane grill almost killing me sealed the deal>

I use my Propane Weber "Q" for most of my Grilling, but so far it hasn't attacked me.

But I'm the first to admit I like the flavor of Steaks & Burgers better from over charcoal.

Bear

Bear, Fine looking burgers and I thank you for your service.I smiled when you talked about your .308 model 88. That was my first deer rifle bought from saving up my high school summer job money.I still have it today but it sits in the gun cabinet collecting dust.

Bear, Fine looking burgers and I thank you for your service.I smiled when you talked about your .308 model 88. That was my first deer rifle bought from saving up my high school summer job money.I still have it today but it sits in the gun cabinet collecting dust.

Thank You CM!!
And Thanks for the Like.
And You just won another story:
When I got out of Vietnam, my best High School Buddy (Hunky-Jack) was already back for 6 months (because he was a year older than I was).
Up until then I was either using my British .303 or one of my Dad's 3040 Krags, for Deer & Bear.
So we decided to get new Deer Rifles. We ended up at the Army-Navy Store, and I fell in love with the Win Model 88 (.308) for $137.
Jack bought the Savage .308 (also a lever action), because it was $18 cheaper "$119" than the Model 88.
I didn't like the Savage at all. It had a square slide-bolt, and each time you jacked it was like sandpaper riding on steel. (You could feel it grinding)
I tried to talk him out of it, but he liked the looks of the Savage.
So the first time we took them into the woods for Deer, it was raining most of the day, and much of the finish washed off of Jack's Savage. It turned out the stock was plastic, with fake wood-grain finish on it.
It cost him $75 for a wood stock to replace the original phony stock.

You get what you pay for.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky