Meatloaf Redemption

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
After that last failure decide to go back to my old stand by. McCormick® Meat Loaf Seasoning Mix. Just follow directions and comes out great every time. Really simple. Got beef from local butcher. I do add saute onions. Made two 1 lb this time as going to give half to friend anyhow. Boy they cook faster like this. Put into MES at 140 to hold while got everything else ready. Made some cauliflower mash and fried cabbage. I kind of did my own take on Jeff's mash and turned out really good. Man that was a great meal!

IMG_20230107_120642230_HDR.jpg IMG_20230107_123603183.jpg IMG_20230107_152930586.jpg IMG_20230107_152933621.jpg IMG_20230107_163547489_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230107_163550813.jpg

After that last failure decide to go back to my old stand by. McCormick® Meat Loaf Seasoning Mix. Just follow directions and comes out great every time. Really simple. Got beef from local butcher. I do add saute onions. Made two 1 lb this time as going to give half to friend anyhow. Boy they cook faster like this. Put into MES at 140 to hold while got everything else ready. Made some cauliflower mash and fried cabbage. I kind of did my own take on Jeff's mash and turned out really good. Man that was a great meal!

View attachment 653754View attachment 653753View attachment 653752View attachment 653751View attachment 653750

View attachment 653749
There you go, total redemption!

I really like doing them in about 1 pound sizes for personal loaves and all that great "bark" when they are so small.

Well somehow I left the foiled meatloaf out all night. Not going to chance giving it to Doyle now. He is 79 yo. I not to worried about it myself. Not the first time.

Looks delicious Brian. Where the hell is the GRAVY!?!?!?!
Thanks Jake. I t was so moist did not really need gravy.

Glad it worked out for you this time. Sometimes simple is better.
Thanks Steve.
I can hook you up with killer keto gravy methods. That meal hits 3 of my favorites! Great meal.
Thanks Jeff. This really did not need gravy.
There you go, total redemption!

I really like doing them in about 1 pound sizes for personal loaves and all that great "bark" when they are so small.
Thanks Carlo. Think that was you I got that from.
Looks very good Brian! I'm about ready for some meatloaf.
Thanks Steve.
Nice ! I'm over due myself . That looks great .
Thanks Rich.

Reactions: chopsaw
Great looking loafs. Thinking that is on the menu for next weekend. Been a while since we did a smoked loaf.

Jim

ALRIGHT BRIAN!! So happy to hear that this one came out well. Looks like one fine meal my friend.

Robert

Looks good to me but you're the one that counts so as long as you liked it, that's the most important!

Ryan

Awesome! Those meatloafs do look incredible! Great redemption, even if the last wasn’t bad at all🤣 I’m with the gravy train, also curious how to do a Keto gravy!

Great looking loafs. Thinking that is on the menu for next weekend. Been a while since we did a smoked loaf.

Jim

ALRIGHT BRIAN!! So happy to hear that this one came out well. Looks like one fine meal my friend.

Robert
Thanks Robert. I have made that McCormick Meatloaf several times and its always good. You should try that cauliflower mash sometime. Its really good and I not a big cauliflower man. I don't use truffle like Jeff as I not a fan.
Look so good!! Man I have to get a meatloaf smoked real soon!
Thanks
They do look thin to me?🫣
For 1 lb loaf they good. Was very moist and cooked at lot faster like this. Even better smoke.
Looks good to me but you're the one that counts so as long as you liked it, that's the most important!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan
Way to redeem yourself Brian. I would dive into that no questions asked.
Thanks
Awesome! Those meatloafs do look incredible! Great redemption, even if the last wasn’t bad at all🤣 I’m with the gravy train, also curious how to do a Keto gravy!
Thanks Jed. I'm sure jcam222 jcam222 would give one.

Last edited:
Reactions: bauchjw
Thanks Robert. I have made that McCormick Meatloaf several times and its always good. You should try that cauliflower mash sometime. Its really good and I not a big cauliflower man. I don't use truffle like Jeff as I not a fan.

Thanks

For 1 lb loaf they good. Was very moist and cooked at lot faster like this. Even better smoke.

Thanks Ryan

Thanks

Thanks Jed. I'm sure jcam222 jcam222 would give one.
I’ll dig around and see if I wrote anything down on one. Basics of it are the same as what I do for this hamburger gravy. A fat / cream cheese / beef (or chicken) broth mix. https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/keto-hamburger-gravy-and-mash.318841/

The meatloaf looks excellent Brian, glad to see you were happy with the redemption loaf. The best meatloaf recipe is the one you like the most!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky