Meatloaf Recipe Please

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I use hot pork sausage in the mix. My Mother always made it using oatmeal as a binder but I've discovered instant mashed potato flakes work as well. I have a 2 part meatloaf pan I use. Here's a Cuban version
ROPA VIEJA MEAT LOAF.jpg
Ropa Vieja Meatloaf in the Kamado.jpg
Ropa Vieja Meatloaf Mix.jpg

Sorry but my recipe has Hot Italian sausage in it, but I put the link in anyway.
That looks awesome! You will like it on your Recteq

What I CAN offer up is your meatloaf will be way more amazing if you use Knorr brand Beef Bullion or Better than Bullion beef instead of Salt.
How do you use it? Mix with a little water?

So I had grabbed the last two 0.97 cent brisket that were in bin. I smoked one couple days ago and gave to a friend. Man was it a great brisket. Mostly all meat and thick. Very little trimming. Took me 12 hours to get it done than did 4 hour rest. Cut it up the next day and keep couple slices. Wow was it good.

IMG_20221228_115435408.jpg

How do you use it? Mix with a little water?

So I had grabbed the last two 0.97 cent brisket that were in bin. I smoked one couple days ago and gave to a friend. Man was it a great brisket. Mostly all meat and thick. Very little trimming. Took me 12 hours to get it done than did 4 hour rest. Cut it up the next day and keep couple slices. Wow was it good.

View attachment 652907

Yeah mixing with a little bit of water will do the trick so the Knorr or Better than Bullion distributes evenly. Just enough to get the job done. The water will cook out.

Damn nice work on the briskets!!! Yeah even though they are Select grade briskets Market Street tends to have a ton to dig through and a lot of them seem like Choice grade to me. Heck of a freakin deal!

Glad you enjoyed it. Seems like you have your brisket cooking down for sure, aye!

What I CAN offer up is your meatloaf will be way more amazing if you use Knorr brand Beef Bullion or Better than Bullion beef instead of Salt.

Great advice. My secret ingredient in many recipes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky