meatloaf and stuffed bell peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swalker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
NW Arkansas
Here are some pictures of my very first Meatloaf and some stuffed bell peppers....(All for Meowey's instructions....kinda) They are ready. I am waiting for my wife to get home from work, so we can jump in...hehe!!!

I converted my brinkmann vertical smoker over to gas......all from this forum...and so far I am happy I did. Easy to maintain the temperature you want, etc. So far I am really liking it....
Steve

I followed Meowey's directions and they were a great hit...My wife came home from work and dived in...I did too...They were excellent. My daughter and her boyfriend came by as well as some of the neighbors...All is gone except for two of the half shell bell peppers. Which I will probably take care of later this evening.

This is a great forum....With lots of good advice.....I am sure all here are enjoying it as much as me.

Thanks again, Steve

Man I can't brag enough about how everything turned out. Thanks again Meowey...My wife loved it all. I will have to say it was the best meatloaf I have ever ate.. She thought so too. I want to do it again in the near future...
For sure, converting the brinkmann over to gas was a big plus. No more baby sitting the temperature.....get it set and walk away...It is really working well... I would suggest anyone with a charcoal smoker to either convert it over or get rid of it and spend a little on a gas cooker..they just seem to be the ticket for trouble free cooking...I think my experimenting has just begun....

Steve

i have never thought of smoked stuff bell peppers. that is my next smoke for sure!!!!!!

i dont know if i can get rid of my wood smoker, matter of fact i am looking at getting a new one. however i am concidering an addition of eirher an electiric or gas smoker. sams had an excellent gas smoker this year for prety cheep (or i felt anyway). my biggest concern is the limited amout of gas. i would hate to start a smoke and run out of gas mid way through, and not notice it for an hour or more. that is why i am thinking electric right now, but have yet to make an official decision.

Buzzard, my friend. Repeat after me, "Spare tank, Spare tank, Spare tank"

There, that should do it!
Cheers!

Meatloaf & stuffed peppers look wonderful! :D

srmonty, I do have 3 spare tanks. :lol: All 4 of mine are 30#ers.

buzzard, I ran out of propane once, let me repeat....ONCE!
wink.gif

the main thing i am afraid of is when i leave for a few hours to run some errands (i know, i know thats illegal in the smoking world, but with such convienences how could you not?) come back and my smoker has not been on for over an hour or two.

knowing my i will probably end up getting one and an electric one and a new wood one.

then i can see what the flavor difference is in all three and fine tune each meal in its own.

Hey, Buzz- on average, I get between 20-24 hours use on a 20 pound bottle of propane. Your mileage may very depending how cold the ambient temperature is. Monty is right on with the mantra "Spare tank, Spare tank, Spare tank". But even with a spare tank I managed to run out of propane. :oops: Markeli knows the story on that one!

wow 20 hours is a lot longer then i ever expected to get from a tank. im not sure why i suspected a lot less i just did. i figured5-6 hours at most. i just found out last night my new roomate is going through the big D and i dont mean Dallas, he is "hopeing" his wife will let him have his smoker, which is a vertical gas.
\im going to try and get him to go get it so i can use it and see if i want to buy one. that and he can educate me on how to use it without so much trial and error.

I'm thinking about getting a gas one, I have an electric and it does have a thermostat, but the highest I can get it 220, which is perfect for most things, but if I would want to crisp a chicken, I'd have to move it to the grill. I'm figuring with gas, I can crank her up a bit. I was concerned about the running out of gas also and posted this question I think just last week, so if I do get one, I will definitely get extra tank. I'm looking at the GOSM that so many seem to have. Of course I'll have to get the big block. One thing that you can get, if you don't already have one, is a thermometer with an alarm, that way if the smoker drops in temp, the idiot bell will go off...
wink.gif

Hi Buzzard and Shellbellc,
I can not comment on an electric smoker...Never been around one. But I am like the others, just have a spare tank or two. I have three, but I have a gas grill too...I really like the coversion I did from turning my vertical brinkmann charcoal over to propane. I can maintain the temperature a lot better. Plus I just bought one of those fuel indicators for the propane tanks. At least you can see the guage and tell when the level is low...When it gets low, I will put it on the grill and use up the rest of the propane....Thus adding a new tank to the smoker before I start a nine hour or so smoke...Naturally I wouldn't stick a full size turkey in there, not knowing how much propane I had...I know what would happen to me.....LOL!!!
I enjoy this forum as much as you...I was gone this weekend, but the whole block will know I am back by this weekend....I can make them hungry........hehe!!!

Steve

HI Buzzard,
Check Lowes or wally world. You will find one there. I picked one up off eBay.

Hope this helps. Steve
64e40c63_vbattach10994.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky