Meat thermometers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Inkbird looks to be having a code sale currently going on.

Depends on your needs. If you’re looking for something to monitor meat and/or cooker temps during a cook, Inkbird has several reasonably priced options that work well.

If you’re looking for an instant-read meat probe therm, it’s really hard to beat a Thermopen from Thermoworks...but they’re a little spendy. A more affordable option from Thermoworks is their Thermopop.

Red

Reactions: Marknmd
I like the Thermoworks Mini TC because the brain is sold separately, and they have 6 or 8 styles of probes. The larger diameter one shown is the same probe that comes with the Thermapen, and the smaller diameter probe has a faster read. It's perfect for delicate or thin items. I can temp things like shrimp when stir frying, or a fish fillet.
rk6FXJm.jpg

Any suggestions on a good meat thermometer
that's a question you'll get many replies for. I have switched to mostly all Inkbird. I have a box full of ThermoPros in various state of functionality. (not a dig, but I'm not easy on thermometers)
I got hooked by the I-BBQ-4t. that might be a bit much if to just need a single poke and read thermometer. I have switched to an inkbird IHT-1P for final poke and check instant read.
Ink bird is a friend of SMF.
as you probably know or will be told. Leave-in meat probe thermometers are good for keeping track of a cook. I still like to poke when my leave-in says I'm to temp.
Your mileage and options may vary

Thanks I'm looking for one to keep tracked of my cook in my smoker for making sausage I have a thermo pro it went nuts and ended up 25 degrees above my 152 that I wanted

Inkbird IHT-1S vs Thermapen. Auto rotates every 90*, sleeps, wakes when touched, mine is 2 second read, lith bat rechargeable lasted a year before a 30 min recharge, recalibrate function to 5*+/- if needed, best instant read therm for warranty/accuracy/price. Check all features with the other. Watch independent videos. Get wise and make your own decision. You will not regret it with Inkbird as a sponsor here. Great value and outstanding dependability over many companies the last few years on instant read therms and remember the Thermapen isn't American made. Made by a family owned company in Worthing, UK by Electronic Temperature Instruments, Ltd. If you thought it was made in America, it's not your fault. That's what Thermoworks wants you to think and that it's theirs. There's a great segment on How It's Made or another Science Channel show from several years ago on the Thermapen before these current awesome contenders were a thought. Now The Thermapen One had to come out because now everyone has a 2-3 second read instant therm. 30% off discount for around $20. It's a no brainer.

Reactions: fxsales1959
Thermoworks routinely has 20-30% off sales. I have an inkbird as well. I do check calibration on mine on a regular basis. The inkbird is sealed so you can replace the battery unlike the Thermopen.

Not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but Thermoworks also occasionally has 'open box' sales where they sell new products at greatly reduced prices that they can't sell for new prices. That's when I bought my last Thermopen.

Red

Have been using Thermapen for some time now, but recently purchased the Fireboard Spark and really, really like it. Great battery life, magnetic, large easy to read digits, very quick reading, and can also be used as a stay-in meat probe connected to an app. I've been very pleased with it so far.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky