Meat Slicer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wazzuqer

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
Moses Lake, WA
Looking to upgrade, mine blew up, I got the okay to spend $300 from the War Depart for a new one, any recommendations on what to get , mainly use for bacon and to shave steaks for philly cheese steaks ...thank you...

Reactions: JLeonard
Looking to upgrade, mine blew up, I got the okay to spend $300 from the War Depart for a new one, any recommendations on what to get , mainly use for bacon and to shave steaks for philly cheese steaks ...thank you...

Many of us are extremely happy with with the Chef's Choice 615 (better than the 610).

Also get the smooth blade as it comes with a serrated blade. The smooth blade is reported as the best. I use it and it works well for bacon and sandwich meat I cut. I believe serated woudl work better for cheese and bread.

There are other models of Chef's Choice but basically they are less supported almost 1 shot Johnny's. Meaning you cant find parts or blades or other things for them so 615 seems to be king.

Finally the 615 is perfect size and not some giant heavy machine and IMPORTANT, it's easy to clean! Basically all of it except the main whole unit can go in the dish washer and there aren't any painful crevices to get stuck stuck in for life to contaminate everything going forward. It is really a breeze to clean and to use.

I hope this info helps :)

Reactions: sandyut
I bought the Lem 10'' big bite commercial meat slicer at walmart.com for $215 mismarked a few months ago.
It's a great slicer so far so good my only complaint is it only cut 7 3/4''. It is exactly the same as that Beswood and many other brands out there under diff names. I don't know how that works, all I know is my Lem has a 3 yr warranty and a lot of the others don't.

Go for a slicer that will cut full strips of bacon I have to cut mine done to 7.5'' and wish I didn't have to.

Good luck.

I know this is a bit more than you want to spend, but a buddy of mine bought one of these a couple of years ago & it is a quality slicer.
Al

Great ideas I appreciate it, I was looking at the KWS 10 inch amazon had a coupon on it for $300, but sounds like it’s tuff to clean and the blade doesn’t come off easily, I will look into the chef s choice 615, yah it’s funny when shopping for them how many look the same just with different brands on them.

I think you'll like the 615. One tip, after several strokes through the blade flip the piece of meat 180 degrees, front to back, so the slab doesn't develop a "tail" on the trailing end. You'll see what I mean.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky