Meat slicer info

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Illinois Unit

Original poster
Nov 11, 2018
I just bought a vintage meat slicer, called The Sanitary Slicer, made by The Sanitary Scale Company in Belvidere, Illinois. Model number 85-S. It has an original 1/3HP DACO motor, from Dayton-ACME Co. I Google searched and cannot find this thing anywhere, the closest I could find is the S-4 model. Does anyone have, or know a link, to ant information on it? I raise my own pigs, self butcher, self process, self cure, and self package it all myself. From piglet to freezer. I have been trying different store bought slicers over the years but never found anything I was happy with, which is why i ended uo with this dandy. I love it, it works better than any newer slicers on the market that I've used, but don't know any history, age, value, not anything about it. If anyone has any info on it at all of appreciate it! Thanks a bunch!!

1541996059205-2073114214.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky